reserved error -1524 (1 Viewer)

james7705

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:31
hi all
i have a table on my database from which i generate a monthly report by running a query.
when i run the query (date from to date to) i have no problem. it shows me all the relevant records.
when i want to generate a report, i input the start date and the closing date for the report.
it then gives me an error (reserved error (-1524); there is no message for this error.)
i have gone into the table and basically isolated all the corrupted entries.
there are 359

what i need to know is how to repair these entries without losing the information.
im new to access and this is a simple(kinda) database which i set up to keep track of what the staff in my department are doing on a daily basis.

im running access 2007.

if anyone can help me it will be greatly appreciated

thks:confused:

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 11:31
What corruption is it? Is it #deleted entries?

Try a Compact and repair.

If that does not help you, Try a De-compile on a BACKUP copy of the current database..

james7705

Registered User.
Local time
no. doesn't seem to be #deleted entries. the entries are still there if i run the query. its only when i try to generate a report that it gives me the error.
tried compact and repair...doesn't sort the problem out

james7705

Registered User.
Local time
i seem to have some corrupted data...i think...
im also not running any code on the table. i dont really have a lot of code as i dont really know much about it, anyway...the code i have is all on my forms.
will try a de-compile...hope it works
i am loathe to lose all the data

thanks for the input

PeterF

Registered User.
Local time
If it's a corrupted record try the methods described here.

james7705

Registered User.
Local time
do i follow the methods described in this link only on my backend or do i have to do it on the front end as well? all my other tables are ok, its just the one that gives me problems. i have already isolated the corupted entries.tion now is how to repair them without losing the links to the other tables.
it also bears knowing that i have no memo fields and no codes connected to this table.
most of the fields are text fields with a few lookup fields and a few date/time fields

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom