Access 2000 Runtime database (1 Viewer)

jupiter

Local time
Today, 11:25
I am helping configure/move an Accounts package which uses an Access database.

I don't have installation disk and don't have any experience with this package.

It was setup to be used by users over network, who access the master database on master machine. Users start the package by clicking on a link to the database.

I tried setting up a new Test user to use it on master machine, to see how package works.

When I start accounts package with new Test user by opening database, it asked question I think about type of data SQL/JET (?), which I saved.

Then I got following recurring error message:

"Insert Microsoft Access 2000 Runtime disk"

If I kept cancelling this message, it eventually opened accounts data.

The machines have Microsoft Office 2002 installed.
I read somewhere that if a full version of Access is installed, then Access 2000 Runtime should not be needed.

I get this recurring error each time I start the Accounts package.

It seems to be looking for DATA1.MSI installation package to install Access 2000 Runtime.

1) I am wondering how to stop this error either by reinstalling Access 2000 Runtime
or pointing to Access 2000 Runtime location on master machine (not sure which files)
or pointing to full version of Access installation.

I don't have installation disk & cannot find Access 2000 Runtime on Microsoft website or elsewhere on web.

Any ideas how to do this ?

2) I have now been told that a normal user cannot now save new data, as the database is locked.

I have read somewhere that Access database should be locked by presence of .LDB file. If you delete this file, database should be unlocked.

Is that correct ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom