Barcode Scaning into Combo Box - Ms Access 2003 (1 Viewer)

pakarain

Local time
Today, 00:44
Hi!

I designed an inventory control software and we are managing our stock through barcode scaning, it is working well although i have a problem to solve that i have put a combo box for scaning code 39 barcode, upon scan the barcode a code is entered into combox box and then we need to press the "ENTER" key to go for new record, we woul like to ms access form to automatically go to new record when a code input from scanner, can any one help me, i will be most thankfull...

Raheel

way2bord

Registered User.
Local time
Hi!

I designed an inventory control software and we are managing our stock through barcode scaning, it is working well although i have a problem to solve that i have put a combo box for scaning code 39 barcode, upon scan the barcode a code is entered into combox box and then we need to press the "ENTER" key to go for new record, we woul like to ms access form to automatically go to new record when a code input from scanner, can any one help me, i will be most thankfull...

Raheel

Most scanners have built in functionality that allows you to select the option whether an "ENTER" key is defaulted ON or OFF. Read the scanner documentation.

If that fails, I think you can add an event at the end of every combobox update to simply move to a new records / add a new record.

pakarain

Local time
I am Still waiting for any goos answer, i am also attaching Sample_Soft.mdb file in zip format, some one can see my first post and try to solve the problem, i will most thankful for you.

Best Regards,
Raheel Ahmed

Attachments

• Sample_Soft.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 246

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 03:44
...I am Still waiting for any goos answer...
You've already been given a 'goos' answer, two, in fact!

Place this code in the OnChange event for your Combobox, replacing ComboBoxName, in the code, with the actual name of your Combobox:
Code:
Private Sub ComboBoxName_Change()
 DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec
End Sub
Linq ;0)>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom