Import Formatted Rich Text from Lotus Notes to MS Access (1 Viewer)

RodrigoOliveira

Local time
Today, 07:51
Hello,

I have a VBA code to import mail from Lotus Notes into Access. The database user is able to read his email inside Access, similar to any email program.

Unfortunately, when I use the GetItemValue (lotusscript) method to read the body of the email message, Notes will render the Rich Text information as Plain Text, and I end up with no formatting information (bold letters, underline, text color, etc.)

Does anyone know how to import messages from Notes to Access and keep the text formatting? I am storing the data in a Rich Text Memo field in a table.

P.S. I have found code to write HTML (MIME) messages, but not to import them into Access.

Thank you!
Rodrigo Oliveira

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Today, 04:51
Rodrigo: I am going to take a different approach and ask you to get some additional information. Could you please set up an account here and ask for the question?
http://community.spiceworks.com/topic/299445-exporting-from-lotus-notes-databases

It would appear there is a driver that makes it as "easy as an ODBC connection to SQL Server". If that is the case, it would be easy.

If you post a question there and get an answer, please come back and tell us what you found. Perhaps the right driver will provide the formatting?

From this Lotus Notes Assistance Website: (last Response a few days ago)
On that note, you can use Access or Excel to connect to the Notes database via the ODBS NotesSQL driver. Then they can make calls to the database just as if you were making calls to a SQL server database.

Depending on how big your database is, it may be easier to create a new view, flat (as was said before), with all of the data in the view and then export the view. There may also be a view like that but it is hidden for lookups. Try going to the workspace, hold down Ctrl+Shift and then double click the database. You may see several views with parentheses around their names. One of those may give you what you need.

RodrigoOliveira

Local time
Today, 07:51
Thanks Rx. I posted the question on Spiceworks. Hope someone comes up with a solution.

Best Regards,
Rodrigo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom