Navigation Form Problem? (1 Viewer)

cikwan82

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:54
Hello all my friend.. i have a little bit problem here.. everything ok .. but after i import my form "Januari" and "Febuari" into Navigation form.. my combobox do not working properly .. it will ask value every time i click it.. this combobox i already link sql with another combobox because of different value and status..

these link combobox:

cbokategori---->cboanalisis1-8----->price

it working properly in Januari and Febuari Form, but when i put in navigation form.. it will ask the value at cbostatus and list of cboanalisis not list down...
i really sorry ..i don't know how to expelain it.. but you can try this form.. here i attach the form.. hope all of my friend can help.. i want my navigation form working properly as well as febuari /januari form.

sorry if my question should not be asked.. i'm very newbie in microsoft access
sorry again this form in malay language .. i really stuck on this..:(

Attachments

• MyLabNMR -2 .zip
    914.2 KB · Views: 78

Mihail

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:54
Save in Access 2003 or (for me, 2007) then upload again.

cikwan82

Registered User.
Local time
ok.. i upload again... thank you first to minhail:)

Attachments

• MyLabNMR -2 .mdb
    1 MB · Views: 65

Mihail

Registered User.
Local time
Now seems to work.
Do a search for "Mihail" in all modules and see the changes.

Note that your DB has a VERY wrong setup.
Why ? Because I tweak only the Januari form. Now you should repeat this for all the others ( February - December).
If, at a time something will going wrong, again you should tweak 12 forms + 12 subforms + 12 tables ?!?!?!? :banghead::banghead::banghead:

No. You should have only one table with months, one form and one subform.

If I remember well, this is not the first time when I give you this link:
http://bytes.com/topic/access/insights/585228-database-normalization-table-structures

Attachments

• MyLabNMR -2 .mdb
    1 MB · Views: 72

cikwan82

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you for u support my friend Mihail.. actually i start again to follow your module and your coding for every combobox.. but still not working.. what wrong with my sql... please help me.. mybe i miss some step
:(:banghead::banghead::banghead:
This i attach my form again for your checking.
thank you first

Attachments

• MyLabNMR-3.mdb
    616 KB · Views: 68

Mihail

Registered User.
Local time
OK. I remember. Remove the new thread that you just started.
For now, open the Navigation form in design view, select the subform, open the property sheet, go to Data tab and, in the Source Object select Januari (the form, not the table).
Let me know if now is working.

cikwan82

Registered User.
Local time
i'm really sorry about that, i already remove that threat, now i open navigation form in design view, i select subform (januarisub) and go to property sheet, data,source object, i select again januarisub.... if i select januari form, the subform (januarisub) will be disappear.

Now i try play with the combobox, it still same.. please help me.. i hope you don't angry and boring with my question.. :(

Attachments

• MyLabNMR-3.mdb
    648 KB · Views: 68

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 09:54
Is it so you want navigation form to show, database attached?

Attachments

• MyLabNMR-3.mdb
    944 KB · Views: 80

Mihail

Registered User.
Local time
i'm really sorry about that, i already remove that threat, now i open navigation form in design view, i select subform (januarisub) and go to property sheet, data,source object, i select again januarisub.... if i select januari form, the subform (januarisub) will be disappear.

Now i try play with the combobox, it still same.. please help me.. i hope you don't angry and boring with my question.. :(
I'm not yet, but I'll become if you don't stop. It is not about me. It is because others don't know your problem and they can't help you as well as they can do in THIS thread. Anyone else will waste his time in order to gain information about your issue.
I don't care how many thread you open, in how many forums, but, if you do that, place a link to this thread.

As you can see, JHB posted a solution for you. And he is much skilled than me, so I can learn myself from he.

I'll take a new look to your DB (and JHB's DB as well), even if I don't understand why you are not able to use the solution from post #4.

cikwan82

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you my friend JHB, if you nevermind, can i know what are you changes in this form.. because i must do same thing in others month (February -December)..
Thank you for your guide...

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Open Navigation form in design view, show the property sheet, choose "Data", mark the "control" where the sub form goes in, choose "Januari" form. (See the picture how).
On form for each month - my opinion - really bad design, but your choice.

Attachments

• Navform.jpg
    Navform.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 329

Mihail

Registered User.
Local time
now i open navigation form in design view, i select subform (januarisub) and go to property sheet, data,source object, i select again januarisub.... if i select januari form, the subform (januarisub) will be disappear.
No. It is there.
I suggest you to rename the forms by using "frm" before the names:
frmJanuari, frmJanuarySubform etc.
I suspect that you select the table in the Data Source, not the form.

If the subform is in place for me and for JHB, should be also for you, isn't it ? Just follow the steps as I said. If still don't work, make a new upload where we can see that you have the Data Source filled.

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
I'll take a new look to your DB (and JHB's DB as well), even if I don't understand why you are not able to use the solution from post #4.
Me neither Mihail!!

cikwan82

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you my "GURU" mihail and JHB... really? bad design? :D.. i told you.. i'm very new in this.. below than amateur ..:D.. thank you.. i'm really shy with you all becouse so annoying question... but btw.. you all so helpful.. hope god bless you all... thank you my friend....:)

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
You're welcome, luck with your project, (with or without 12 forms). :) :)
If you think we are helpful, then hit the "Thumbs Up". :D

cikwan82

Registered User.
Local time
Hello my "GURU" i think i know why my form is not working in navigation form, that is because i'm using access 2010 where it has navigation form properties.. here i attach the image... my situation it look like similar with this case
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo...in-navigator-form-access-2010?forum=accessdev.

My question, can you help me, how should i change my sql same with this situation.

Me.cboanalisis1.RowSource = "SELECT TAnalisis.IDHarga, TAnalisis.Analisis, TAnalisis.Harga, TStatus.IDStatus " & _
"FROM TStatus INNER JOIN TAnalisis ON TStatus.IDStatus = TAnalisis.IDStatus " & _
"WHERE (((TStatus.IDStatus)=[forms]![Januari]![cbokategori])) ORDER BY TAnalisis.Analisis;"

I hope you all not boring with my case.. i 'm really2 newbies:confused:

Attachments

• combobox.jpg
    combobox.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 72

Mihail

Registered User.
Local time
Is your form working now, or not ?
No. It isn't because 2010. Is the same in 2003 and in 2007 and, for sure, in 2013.

cikwan82

Registered User.
Local time
Finally it working.. just change coding this coding

[Forms]![Januari]![cbokategori]

into this:

[Forms]![Navigation Form]![Navigation SubForm].[Form]![cbokategori]

rename it :

[Forms]![MyLab]![MyLabJanuari].[Form]![cbokategori].

BTW.. thank you for mihail and JHB for helping me.. i appreciate that.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom