Update a table based on another query? (1 Viewer)

EVQ

Local time
Today, 03:31
hi - i have the below query that inserts the manager name once and the count of how many records are assigned to that manager with an EmpConsultantIndicator value that = e

SELECT DISTINCT CopyMasterResource.Manager, Count(CopyMasterResource.EmpConsultantIndicator) AS [FTE Count] INTO WeeklyWalk
FROM CopyMasterResource
GROUP BY CopyMasterResource.Manager, CopyMasterResource.EmpConsultantIndicator
HAVING (((CopyMasterResource.Manager) Not Like '*tbd*') AND ((CopyMasterResource.EmpConsultantIndicator)='e'));

i need to add another field to the WeeklyWalk table (the FTC Count field) that will also show the count for the EmpConsultantIndicator that = c

i have the query written below

SELECT DISTINCT CopyMasterResource.Manager, Count(CopyMasterResource.EmpConsultantIndicator) AS [FTC Count]
FROM CopyMasterResource
GROUP BY CopyMasterResource.Manager, CopyMasterResource.EmpConsultantIndicator
HAVING (((CopyMasterResource.Manager) Not Like '*tbd*') AND ((CopyMasterResource.EmpConsultantIndicator)
='c'));

i cannot however figure out how to append these counts to the WeeklyWalk table on the correct manager

i tried building the update query in design view but it just isn't working - it is probably something simple but if anyone can point out the way to do this - that would be much appreciated

thanks!

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 02:31
UPDATE and MAKE TABLE queries are usually a sign of you doing something wrong. Why must you move data around in this database? Why not just use a select query to get the data you need?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom