Incorrect Figures in mail merge (1 Viewer)

rowzone

Local time
Today, 07:33
I am trying to run a mail merge using currency results from Access through Word to send emails. When running the merge the table result shows the correct currency figure, but when this appears in word it shows up as 13 x Kayaks @ 27 5 each = 357 5
Instead of displaying @ £27.50 = £357.50
So add the following code in mergefield to convert it to currency in alt F9 \# £,0.00
but the results then come up as 13 x Kayaks @ £32.00 each = £362.00

So it appears to be adding the two figues displayed of 27 & 5 and 357 & 5 instead of taking account of the decimal point!!
The figures are correctly being displayed in the table, so how on earth do I get the correct figures to show in word??
:banghead::banghead:

Last edited:

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Can you show the Table Data as it is stored? What is the Type of the field in the table?

rowzone

Local time
QuotesTbl Kayak_price Guided_price 2_man_total 3_man_total 4_man_total Kayak_total £27.50 £40.00 £0.00 £0.00 £0.00 £357.50
Data is stored as currency and displays correctly in table but doesn't covert over in word, so haven't been able to use it to send quotes for more than a year now, always used to work before moved over to 2007 and it has never worked since, didn't cause a problem unless have a value in decimals it would seem

But need to get this to work now, fed up of it not working and having to do it all manually, should be a simple task that it just won't allow me to do!

rowzone

Local time
The query being run is a make table query if that has any bearing on the reason for this not working? The original values from tables are stored as data type currency with format set as currency with originally auto decimal places, have changed this to 2 decimal places, but the table that is created just creates the field as currency data type, has nothing in format and still sets decimal places to auto.

rowzone

Local time
This has been answered in my duplicated post that I put in another forum

This works by adding this to each currency field to calc correct value ( expr123: "£" &
![Field] )
So at last I can start sending quotes out automatically without having to type them all out!!

Full suggestion was:

You need to create a calculated field in your query that combines the currency symbol with the number ( expr123: "£" &
![Field] ) . If the field is already as calculated field then use Expr123: "£" & [Table1]![Field1] & IIf(InStr(1,[Table1]![Field1],".")=0,".00",IIf(Len([Table1]![Field1])-InStr(1,([Table1]![Field1]),".")=1,"0")) but in this case replace the [Table1]![Field1] with the existing formula. This will correctly add the 0's after the decimal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom