Unable to create ACCDE, but compiling fine (1 Viewer)

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 06:44
I have a 2007 DB which for years compiled happily into ACCDE. But no more; I get the Unable to create message. The help file lists:

This error is usually associated with compiling a large database into an MDE file. Because of the method used to compile the database, a considerable number of TableID references are created for each table. The Access database engine can only create a maximum of 2048 open TableIDs at one time. Exporting a database as an MDE potentially can exceed this limit if the database has a large number of objects (table, macro, form, report, etc).
There is no accurate method to estimate the number of TableIDs the Access database engine uses during the process of compiling a database as an MDE. However, each VBA module and each form uses one TableID, as a result, if the database has 500 forms, and each form's HasModule property is set to Yes, as many as 1,000 TableIDs are used.
I only have some 40 forms, even less tables ... what gives?

A recent change is that some code was chucked out into a separate DB which I use as library by setting reference to it. But few days ago did create an ACCDE even with this setup, so :confused:

I tried:

- compact & repair
- decompile and then comapact repair
- import all stuff from the decompiled db into a virgin db and then compact & repair

Suggestions most welcome

Last edited:

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 06:44
There seems to be, afterall, a method to this madness! I get my .accde if the db in References also is .accde.

My MainDB has an OtherDB in references. MainDB, when it is an .accdb, works fine if the referred to OtherDB is .accdb or .accde. But I can only convert MainDB into .accde if the referred to OtherDB also is .accde.

An .accde cannot, seemingly, refer to an .accdb file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom