Error number 2926 (Security settings) (1 Viewer)

TimW

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:42
I have recently been told of an error with one of my databases.
The error number is 2926. The description is "Because of your security settings and current security policy, this control is disabled. To modify your policy and enable the database, use the Message Bar".
On investigation, my copy of the database now shows this error. :banghead:
So does my template. (I have common bits of reusable code that I can copy and paste about)
So I think something has changed on the security settings of at least two PC's.
I have other users that are not affected, yet!
I.T. were fairly dismissive as they regard Access as a nuisance
Has any one any experience of this?
The object this effects is a Active X Control: Microsoft forms scrollbar that I use to control the appearance and functions of some buttons.
The macro settings are set to: Enable all macros
I tried to add my Desktop to the trusted locations list (as the front end of database currently lives here). This did not work. The trust center would not allow my to enter the address of the backend (which is on the net work)
Has any one any suggestions please?

Thanks

T

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 21:42
I always get very suspicious when blame is allocated by stuff like "would not allow":

The trust center would not allow my to enter the address of the backend (which is on the net work)

Did you actually tick "Allow trusted location on my network"?

TimW

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:42
I have clicked "Allow trusted location on my network". I also tried to run the database of my desktop. I am currently thinking that I should redesign my UI to be without a scroll bar and replace it with buttons.
The code is entirely within my Access application and does not affect anything outside... so why does it need security? (Question to self)
This code worked previously and now it does not. I think I need to remove code that is dependant on settings I am not in control of...
It just makes using ActiveX controls a bit of a farce if it works one minute and the next, due to external influences, it does not. :banghead::banghead:

Sorry for rant...

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 21:42
I am not sure about your issue so I'll step aside. But

It just makes using ActiveX controls a bit of a farce

customarily many developers tend to avoid those controls exactly because of lack of predictability

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom