Hide label on report if field is hidden (1 Viewer)

boboivan

Local time
Today, 03:08
Hello experts!

How can I hide the label for a field set up to hide duplicates.
I need the label to be visible only for the unique value of the field, but not for the hidden duplicates.
The label and the field are in Detail section of the report.

Thx!

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:08
can't visualise what you are trying to do, if the below does not provide a solution can you post a screenshot of your report.

Only thing I can suggest is bind the label to the control so when the control is hidden, so will the label. To do this, delete the label, then click on the control and paste - the label will now be bound.

Alternatively change the label for an unbound text box and use conditional formatting so the label blends with the background to hide

boboivan

Local time
Today, 03:08
Thank you!

I got it! That's exactly what i needed.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:08
Ok - another way, delete your existing label and control, then create a new control - which will have a label bound to it

tonez90

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:38
I assume the control with the value is also hidden then you could just
Me!Label_control.visible=Me!value_Control.visible

Therefor when value is hidden the label is also hidden or visa versa. You can simply place this into the on current code of the form or alternatively place it it in the on update code of the value_control. Alternatively you can make it a function and then use it in the properties. Personnaly I would put in on current form section.
Tonez

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom