Access 2010: Setting 'Option Explict' (1 Viewer)

MarkA70

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:28
Where do I set the Option Explicit setting for Access 2010?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:28
on the top of a module:

Option Compare Database
Option Explicit
Option Base 0

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:28

MarkA70

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:28
I am sorry about the double posts, I did not have any idea the forums were connected. Not sure exactly how I would have known that they were. Will note this in the future.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
they are not connected and it is not a matter of knowing whether they are or not. Per the link provided, it is a matter of consideration for the people who freely give their time to help.

If you were paying people, it wouldn't matter, pay 10 people for the same advice if you wish. But most people who regularly respond to questions are on these and other forums and provide their own time for free - as you are for your church

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Today, 10:28
MarkA70, with all due respect, it's not a question of the forums being connected, it's a question of whose time you value. If you ask the same question on four forums and four people answer, three people's time is wasted. That suggests you think your time is worth more than mine, and if I knew that I wouldn't help you for free.

arnelgp

Local time
i think there is no waste of time here, the op i think need second opinion. think of it as going to a clinic and to another. does the attendant informed you that you have gone to the first clinic and need not go to this clinic?

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Today, 10:28
Sorry, doctors work for free at which clinic? And personal health is like declaring variables? :rolleyes:

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:28
Hmm, did you want it to automatically appear at the top of each Module so you don't have to keep typing it in? You can do this by going to the VB Editor and selecting Tools > Options and check Require Variable Declaration.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
@gina - as suggested in the duplicate thread

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:28
Oh, well... lesson learned READ ALL posted replies! :eek:

arnelgp

Local time
i think we all come here to share our knowledge. its our own willingness to share that brought us here. if somebody personally comes to you and seek advice you will surely take patience on him. if again, he comes, will you turn him down, since you already adviced him. if he seek advice on another person, will that person turn him down also because he already went to you?

i was always told that the best way to understand a book is read them, when you don't understand read it again, and again and again. until you truely grasp what's it tries to say.

same situation with op's they need concrete understanding.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
@arnlegp

I accept that in this instance there is little waste of time, but in earlier posts this is not the case. The OP has acknowledged the issue and made the point, quite rightly, that as a newbie - how would he know? It is an easy habit to fall into and he had been advised previously of the issues - that was my point. It is not a case of double posting should not be done, just that when done, providing links to other threads where the same question has been asked

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom