Show thumbnail of video on form (1 Viewer)

gem1204

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:59
I have 2010 Access database that has a table that stores a list of videos for my company. I have a form that shows a description of the file and a button they can click to open the video in windows media player. I have the code to open the video and it works fine.

Now I’ve been asked to show a thumbnail picture of the video… like you see when you look at the file in file manager. I have the full filename and path stored in the an access table.

Does anyone know how to do this. ?
Thanks

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
I have the full filename and path stored in the an access table.

Of the video or of a an image of the video i.e, do you just need to display an image file or do you need to somehow extract a image from a video file too?

gem1204

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for the response!

I just need to display an image of the video, I guess it would be just like the first frame. I'm not sure what frame the file manager shows. The file manager just shows the very beginning of the video. I'm talking about like file manager in Windows 10. In file manager if you select large icons, you get a visual clue or thumbnail picture as to what's on the video for video files and that's what I'd like to duplicate - a visual clue

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom