Input data validation of a Form (1 Viewer)

dcmphi

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:21
All Access Experts please help me. I attach a access db file. please help me how to develop a db with following requirements.
In transaction form i needs following input validation

(1) when ACNo text field is null or filled with any number it checks existing data (Name field) from a tbltransaction table. If match where ACNo is equal from Name field of tbltransaction then show the name in txtName textbox. Otherwise txtName fields show Invalid Customer or my message and focus set to ACNo textfield. Cursor not moved other text field without any valid data. Cursor moved when ACNo is not nulled and input value is found existing data from tbltransaction.

(2) TransType, VoucherType text field is same as like as ACNo text field. TransType checks existing data of tblTransType and VoucherType chechs existing data of tbl VoucherType.

(3) If VoucherType text fields is debit by cheque or debit by voucher then Debit text field is enable and credit text field is disable. And If VoucherType is credit text field is enable and debit text field is disable.

(4) VoucherNo text field is only checks if it is null or not. If not null not set focus VoucherNo text field.

(5) Description text field is only checks if it is null or not. If not null not set focus of the field.

(6) IN txtbalance field i want to show balance of the acount number which is equal to ACNo text field.

(7) If VoucherType is debit then check input Debit text field amount. if Debit text field amount is < or = Balance text field then transaction complete otherwise not.

(8) If VoucherType is credit then check input credit text field amount. if Credit text field amount is > 0 then transaction complete otherwise not.

(9) txtLastTransDate text field show the last transaction date from tbltransaction where Form ACNo is equal to tbltransaction ACNo .

(10) when trnsaction completed then show a message box with transaction id and transaction amount.

Thats all. Thanks to all access talents.....

Attachments

• Database2 - Project.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 67

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 06:21
I don't think people here are going to write all that code for you. This is a volunteer forum after all.:(

What they will do is help you with where you need to code such validation and the code itself.

A search on here would not go amiss

http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=173800

pretty much explains where to put the code.

I'd start from that.

And Hi by the way and welcome to the forum.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom