Can't Make MDE file (1 Viewer)

R2D2

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:44
For some reason, Access is unable to create an mde file out of my mdb database. This has never been a problem before - I've converted this exact same database to an mde file several times before. I've been working on fixing a bunch of bugs recently, and now that I have those fixed, I want to recompile to an mde to distribute to my users. But everytime I choose Tools > Database Utilities > Make MDE File... it gives me an error that says "Microsoft Access was unable to create an MDE database." Anyone know what might be going on? How would I fix it?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:44
You probably have a compile error. Try compiling the database.

T

trotsky

You probably had a button for a function which you have deleted, but you did not delete the buttons VBA code. The private sub in VBA relating to the deleted button must also be deleted, otherwise Access will not be able to create the mde file.

Tyler08

Registered User.
Local time
My DB also will not make an MDE. The reason is probably deleted buttons as above. Is there a way of listing all the redundant code so that it can be deleted?

Tyler

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 16:44
What you do is go into the VBA window and click DEBUG > COMPILE and it should take you to those spots that need adjusting or deleting.

Tyler08

Registered User.
Local time
Great! Found it straight away.

And thanks for the swift reply.

Tyler

Tyler08

Registered User.
Local time
I now have an MDE file I can distribute.

Thanks

Tyler

sakmic

Local time
Today, 02:44
I have the same problem, but the compile of code is correct.
the problem is I have make a reference to another Access database for reading its public modules. So If I remove the reference I haven't problem.

Can you give me a solution to make mde file with a reference to another database?

arnaud

Local time
Hi,
I use access with linked tables from MySQL (ado 2.8 References) and I don't manage to complie my project at all.
I've just run the Debug/Compile project command which didn't give me any messages (neither error nor "no problem" messages actually.
Any idea if the reason could because of the I use linked tables to MySQL rather than normal Microsoft tables? Or the use of ADO refrences in VBA?

Please let me know if you have any idea.

Thank you

Arnaud

arnaud

Local time
Please ignore this last comment, it actually now work since I've executed the Debug/Compile command.

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom