Runtime Error 3262 (1 Viewer)

KulasCage

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:19
Error message:
runtime error 3262 couldn't lock table ' type of expense' in use by user admin, on machine PC2.

Guys, how will i avoid this error. I need to run my program and will be used by 5 users. I had already split the database using the wizard.

This is my first experience to use my program in a multi-user environment.

Anyone can help?

thanks.

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:19
You can not make design changes to a DB while it is in use. Designing takes EXCLUSIVE rights.

KulasCage

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Fofa, I can't get what you mean.

I 'm already finish with the design, I'm now on my dry-run when this error occur.

Could you clarify what you mean.

thanks.

Robert Dunstan

Mr Data
Local time
Today, 18:19
I 'm already finish with the design, I'm now on my dry-run when this error occur

Presumably you haven't yet rolled this out to your users?

When you have the database open it creates a record locking file in the background and is denoted by the file extension .ldb. With the database closed have a look in the folder where your back end tables are located and see if there is still a .ldb file. If there is try deleting it and see if that cures your problem.

HTH
Rob

KulasCage

Registered User.
Local time
Robert,

No more error, after i deleted the .ldb file but it's very slow. Once one PC already open the data entry form , other PC will wait about 3 minutes before their form can be open and saves very slow also.

I wonder if it is caused by the design of my form. My data entry form is pointed in a query not in a single table.

:confused:

Robert Dunstan

Mr Data
Local time
Today, 18:19
Hi

Just a few things you may want to try:-

1. Compact and repair the back end tables
2. Just check to see all your table relationships are still in place. I had a problem a few months ago where suddenly the database operated extremely slow. It was by chance that I noticed one of the relationships had been deleted. After re-instating it the database worked fine
3. Makesure the network is upto speed

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom