indeterminate relationship (1 Viewer)

DaG

Local time
Today, 20:38
this is for a stock level and order project. there is a indeterminate relationship between the tables order info and order items. i'm pretty new at access, so can someone solve this for me. the tables are shown in the attachment. thanks in advance.

Attachments

• tables.jpg
    tables.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 1,170

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:38
I would say your join between item and orderitem is the wrong way. You have a relationship setup, why do you call it "indeterminate"?

DaG

Local time
access has the relationship down as 'indeterminate' instead of like 'one to many'
can u explain more on what u mean by the join between order item and item is the wrong way?

Robert Dunstan

Mr Data
Local time
Looking at your relationships, you have 2 primary keys set in your Order Info table and Order Item Table.

The logical thing to do (it seems to me) is

1. In the order info table only have the OrderID as the primary key. The CustomerID is your foreign key and links to the Customers table making a 1 to many relationship i.e. 1 customer can have many orders.

2. In the order item table add and OrderItemID field to uniquely identify each record. Set that as the primary key and remove the primary key status from your OrderID and ItemID fields as these are your foreign keys to the OrderInfo and Item tables.

You then should have the following relationships

1 customer record - many order info records
1 order info record - many order item records
1 item record - many order item records

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom