Rotating Logo? (1 Viewer)

GizmoT

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:36
I have a welcome screen on my database that holds the company logo.

Is there a simple way of making the logo rotate?

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Don't know about rotate - how about scrolling text? (left to right)

Col

yessir

Saved By Grace
Local time
Yesterday, 23:36
create a gif

just load into flash and create an animaiton to rotate it from start to end

GizmoT

Registered User.
Local time
Col - 'fraid not, they want the logo to rotate.

yessir - unfortunately we don't possess flash.

Appreciate the sugestions so far though ;)

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:36
My attached sample should give you a start on how to add animation to your db. Check out the "fAccessWorldForums" form in my sample. I copied the Access World forum graphic and rotated the graphic a few times and saved each file. I cheated by not reducing the number of degrees for which I rotated the graphic for this demonstration so the result looks a little choppy but you should be able to see what I am trying to demonstrate. I suggest rotating your graphic every 30 degrees and save each rotation as another file for a smoother animated effect.

HTH

Attachments

• animatedgifs2.zip
    86.2 KB · Views: 2,718

GizmoT

Registered User.
Local time
Yes - thanks for that. I see what you mean. It might take a long time for me to get the desired effects, but I appreciate the pointer.

Any other ideas?

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
Fizzio,

His logo is not an animated GIF file. He is using an imported graphic to display the company logo and he wants to have the logo rotate in a spinning circle.

The method I detailed above will work and the animation will look very smooth if you have the images saved in the various rotated angles. The 30 degree angels will give a very smooth animated look. The sample I attached above does that but it looks choppy only because I rotated and saved the images in 90 degree angels.

GizmoT

Registered User.
Local time
Yeah - that is correct.

If only there was some free software that can be downloaded to animate a GIF......

Fizzio

Chief Torturer
Local time
I get you now ghudson. The only downfall with that is that the combined size of the multiple image load and display will slow it down in comparison to a pre-saved animated file......but then access does not have any built-in support for animated graphics....:)

Chasedog

Registered User.
Local time
I've got flash and would be willing to do the 20 seconds to create the animation for you. Attach the file and I'll get back to you. One question, continuous rotation, or just one?

pcEars

qryNot_Quite_StoopID
Local time
I've got to ask,

When I first saw this thread, I figured someone would bring up animated gif's.

MY version [XP] says it will handle .gif files for graphics [though I've never tried]. Gizmo, have you tried? Any version problems with this?

IMO

Now Known as ___
Local time
Unzip the attached .dll to your Windows System Folder. Register it by typing, C:\Windows\System\Regsvr32.exe C:\Windows\System\Gif89.dll in the Start >>> Run box.

Register it in Access, Tools >>> ActiveX Controls, Click Register and change file type from .ocx to .dll, browse for Gif89.dll click on it and select register.

You can now insert any animated gifs onto your forms by inserting the gif89 control and in the properties box, the last option called "File Name", type the full path of the .gif file.

Have a look here for a free or trial program to animate your logo.

http://download.com.com/3120-20-0.html?qt=animated+gifs&tg=dl-2001

IMO

Attachments

• 117348-gif89.zip
    22 KB · Views: 1,130
Last edited:

Jacob Mathai

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks, Ghudson.

I downloaded your animatedgifs2 and had fun with it.
I was able to download gifs from internet and
copied the frames to ACCESS and sure enjoyed seeing them work using Ghudson's timer event and VB code.
Any day is a good day when I learn something new.

Thanks again for this fantastic forum.

arkres

Registered User.
Local time
gif89 won't work

IMO said:
Unzip the attached .dll to your Windows System Folder. Register it by typing, C:\Windows\System\Regsvr32.exe C:\Windows\System\Gif89.dll in the Start >>> Run box.

Register it in Access, Tools >>> ActiveX Controls, Click Register and change file type from .ocx to .dll, browse for Gif89.dll click on it and select register.

You can now insert any animated gifs onto your forms by inserting the gif89 control and in the properties box, the last option called "File Name", type the full path of the .gif file.

Have a look here for a free or trial program to animate your logo.

http://download.com.com/3120-20-0.html?qt=animated+gifs&tg=dl-2001

IMO

Hi,

I followed the instructions above, registered the dll and registered the active x control, but the gif does not appear on a form. Any suggestions? Thanks so much.

Pat

___

¯¯¯¯¯
Local time
Did you type the full path and .gif name in the last option of the properties box (File Name)?
ie
C:\Windows\MyGif.gif

HTH

PS. New username, I was IMO

arkres

Registered User.
Local time
___ said:
Did you type the full path and .gif name in the last option of the properties box (File Name)?
ie
C:\Windows\MyGif.gif

HTH

PS. New username, I was IMO

WOW!!!! You're fast!!! Yes I did. Do you think it's possible that not all gifs would work?

___

¯¯¯¯¯
Local time
Any animated .gif should work, I've never had any trouble using this method. Are you still having problems?

arkres

Registered User.
Local time
___ said:
Any animated .gif should work, I've never had any trouble using this method. Are you still having problems?

yes.....i'm using Access 2000 (if that makes a difference).

___

¯¯¯¯¯
Local time
A2K is what I have so there shouldn't be any problems.
OK, lets try this...
  1. Create a new form
  2. insert the .gif control (Insert >> ActiveX Control)
  3. right click on the control and select properties
  4. scroll down to the very last command line and enter the full path and file name of the ani.gif
if all's registered, that should be ok

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom