Help! Access won't open form (1 Viewer)

danikuper

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:15
I've been using this database (Access 2000) for a while now without problems when suddenly... error message when trying to open one form.

It says "You canceled the previous operation".

I closed the database, compacted, copied every single object to a new database and still get the same error message everytime I try to open this specific form. I can't even open the form in design view to check if there's an event that went berserk.

Any ideas?!

:(

daveUK

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:15
Try to open the code window by either using the icon at the top of the form, or View - Code. You'll need to have a form highlighted in order for these to be enabled. You can then view the code behind any form and check if there is some code on the FormLoad Event.

Dave

danikuper

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:15
By importing some forms to a new DB I was able to isolate the form that was giving me the problem... it was a subform. I deleted it and imported this subform from a backup of the database I had from a while ago.

It worked!

I have no idea what happened.... will try looking at the code to see if there was something in it and try to prevent it from hapenning again. At least it's working... for now!

thanks! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom