Error 16389 Reserved Error (1 Viewer)

Lynn_AccessUser

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:34
I have a subform with a combo box. On the after update event of the combo box I have:

DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord
Me.Requery

The value in the combo box determines what data is populated in the other fields on the subform which is why I am saving the record and requering the data.

The first record goes in OK on the subform. But when you go to the second record and so on I get the following error:

Run-time error '16389'
Reserved Error

If I remove the DoCmd and Requery lines of code the error goes away but then the data on the subform is not refreshed until the user goes to the next record and then back.

I have searched the web and can't find anything telling me exactly what this error means.

I tried both a single form and continuous form and that did not make a difference.

Thanks!!!

WayneRyan

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 18:34
Lynn,

Is the combo-box bound to your table? If so, how are you
using it in a search? What is the Record Source of your
form?

Can you compact/repair, zip and attach a DB?

Wayne

Lynn_AccessUser

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:34
The record source of the combo box is a stored procedure. The record source for the subform is also a stored procedure.

The main form has a field on it called cboVendorID. The value from that field gets passed to an unbound field on the subform. The value in the unbound field is passed as a parameter to the combo box which determines which records will show in the combo box.

Unfortunately I can't post the db because it is connected to a sql db and also it goes against my company's policies.

Thanks for the help though!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom