Possible Library issue (1 Viewer)

Dan_T

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:15
Hi, have recently migrated an application from Access version 2.0 to 2002. This was then packaged up with run time licenses and distributed back to the machines it originally ran on in version 2.0

Although it ran fine on my version of 2003 (saved as 2002) some of the functions fell over. The application has quite a few macros that the client wanted left alone and the client wants left for the moment. Functions like Data() and Right() were unrecognised. I came accross a similar issue before and some machines required the addition of the Visual Basic for Applications extensibility Library. I tried this on the run time versions but still these functions failed.

It seems there is a library reference broken or missing anyone got a suggestion how this can be resolved?

Cheers

Dan

Dan_T

Registered User.
Local time
any ideas? please please grovel beg beg

R

Rich

search the archives here for missing references, this topic comes up frequently

Dan_T

Registered User.
Local time
cheers Rich.

Hi I've established a common sort of missing reference problem with run time versions that I'm distributing to a client. Db works fine on my machine Access 2002. Run using the runtime short cut on my machine no problem. Create the packaged application, run the set up and instal the run time but functions like Date() still not happy.

Now my qustion is. How do you go about repairing a missing reference with a runtime installation? or is it the referencing is there but not the latest version? MDAC? any ideas?

Many thanks

Dan

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom