Simple problem with combo box and text box reference (1 Viewer)

K

kadingle

doing an order form here, and i want to be able to select a game in the combo box, and display the price from the same record/table in the text box below it. thank you very much for any help :)

K

kadingle

thanks for the reply. i seem not be able to replicate your sample, i will quickly tell you what i did.

i created a I have a combo box called Combo38 that references a query called Order. Order has 2 columns, 1 for Title, second one is for Price. i have Combo38 displaying the Title from that query, and wish for a text box to display the second column, the price.

for the combo38, i have Row Source: Order
for the text box i have entered = combo38.column(2) and it just is empty, the combo works but nothing shows in the text box :( thanks again in advance

IP076

Somewhat of a Newbie
Local time
Yesterday, 22:39
Pasting the following code into the Combobox's AfterUpdate Event should work.

Code:
Me.TextBox = Me.Combo38.Column(1)

The Whole thing should read something like this:

Code:
Private Sub  Combo38_AfterUpdate()

Me.TextBox = Me.Combo38.Column(1)

End Sub

Where I used 'TextBox' you should put the name of your textbox. Remember, the first Column in your combo box is Column(0)

R

Rich

The second column of your combo is actually Column 1, so it's
= [combo38].[column](1) as the control source for your textbox

K

kadingle

ok, thank you that worked. now, with that combo box we spoke of, combo38, when i select an item from it, i would like it to enter that into the Title Field for that record on a table called Customer Orders

edit: thanks, i got it now :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom