Not a valid bookmark (1 Viewer)

jason_nevin

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:44
I have a certain set of tables in my database that are used in a particular section only but keep reporting the following errors;

Not a valid bookmark
The microsoft jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time.

These occur as data is entered into a bound form which has subforms bound to tables which have relationships to the 1st table.

The tables are linked.

Only one person accesses this area of the database.

Once the second occurs it then appears each time the mouse is moved or a keystroke is entered. The only way to come out is to end the process.

A database fix doesn't seem to make any difference.

I'm fairly sure that the code doesn't do anything with bookmarks (its not my code).

I have found this pair of errors on this forum and people have fixed the problem but nobody has ever actually posted how they did it.

Problem is now causing huge disruption to the person that is using the database.

Thanks.

jason_nevin

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry to be a pain but this really is causing problems. Does anyone have any ideas?

Crilen007

Uhm, Title... *shrug*
Local time
Today, 13:44
I don't suppose you could make a copy, clear the data and enter some false data so we can take a peak do you?

Dembrey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:44
Jason,

I had a similar error message start appearing when I scrolled through data on a continuous subform.

For me, it turned out that one of the records had become corrupted. When I viewed the underlying table, one field of one record had the value #Error. I deleted the record and the problem went away.

HTH.

cyrilgupta

Local time
Today, 13:44
Jet Repair

Hello,

In many cases using the Compact & Repair database functionality of Access wil fix this error too.

If you wish to deal with it programmatically, there's a JET DLL to fix and repair the database. I've used it earlier, though I don't remember the name anymore. Maybe a search on Google will reveal more info.

Cheers!
Cyril gupta

bakadr01

Local time
HI

I'm having the same problem, My database crashes, I get #error in all the fields in my table and then comes up with an error saying "Not a valid Bookmark" I have tried compacting and repairing the database, downloaded a Jet DLL, deleting the all records with #ERROR in them, But still comes back every time. I am compacting the database on average 5 time a day.

For each project that I have a create a new database and this is happening every time, this is slowing work down as a I have stop all users to fix the problem.

Its seems to happen when two users enter data at the same time, I have the ID field set as autonumber, primary key and indexed yes (no duplicates), but on some occasions duplicates have been created when they shouldn't have.

Please if anyone knows anything about fixing this problem or has fixed this problem please could you post information

Thank you

Adrian

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom