Problem with pictures (1 Viewer)

rythem

I.S Analyst
Local time
Today, 02:20
I have trouble adding pictures to my forms.
On the form when I add a picture, it just shows me the link and when I double click on it, it displays the .gif file. ( I did define it as an OLE object in the table)
I am not sure if there is something specific I need to do in order to display the picture right there on the form.

Ukraine82

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:20
While it's possible store the images within the database as OLE objects, but I suggest you stay away from that because when inserting pictures (OLE object) you are inreasing your database size.

The best way to display images is to give a complete path and filename to the actual files themselves within a table, and then use the Image tool to update the display.

The following example shows you how to display .gif files and .jpg files in Microsoft Access.

Creating the Table to Store File and Path Data:

Create a new table that is named tblPicture and then add a text field that is named txtImage. (Besure to change the field size for txtImage greater than 150 just in case)

Open the tblPicture in Datasheet view and then add the path and the name of a picture file to each record. The following examples show how the records might look:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Pictures\Sample Pictures\Winter.jpg

Check out the attachment file.

hth,
Michael

Attachments

• ImageSample97.zip
    36.8 KB · Views: 395
H

halewilson

nice fix

Excellent...thnx Michael! :)

g28dman

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:20
Please help with this error

I downloaded this example and converted it to 2003. As is, stand alone form, this works great!!! Many thanks to the author and to U-82 for posting it.

However, I have a Program Setup form that hosts several subforms - though use of a command button and source object - My form works with no probs.

When I try to add the frmPicExample to the code, I receive an error stating that Access can not find the form "frmPicExample".

Thank you for any responses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom