No Printer in Access 2003 (1 Viewer)

H

HereInOz

Hi All,

I know I am not alone on this one, as I have seen this problem posted elsewhere before.

We have installed Access 2003 on 2 workstations in a Windows Server 2003 domain, and on both these workstations, when you mouse over the print icon in the toolbar, it reports "No Printer" and indeed, we cannot print to the network printer from Access 2003, even though a printer is installed and working.

All other Office applications print to the printer OK, its just Access that doesn't seem to find the printer.

Has anyone come across a fix for this problem?

Cheers,

Alan

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:29
You are in a Win2003 domain, but what are the workstations?

This is usually a networked-printer driver problem on the workstations. Were the drivers signed? Were they installed for "all users" on the workstations?

Because of ActiveX control security issues, Access tends to be a bit picky these days. Won't touch things that aren't nearly guaranteed in stone to be safe. (Perhaps because MDAC - part of Access - used to be the second-biggest security risk on a Windows workstation, according to a SAMS survey in about 2000 or 2001.)

H

HereInOz

Thanks Doc man

The workstations are are Win XP Pro, the printer is a Samsung 4216F MFP thing, and it was installed for all users, using the latest driver available from Samsung.

Other Win XP workstations running Access 2002 are fine - it is just these two that have been installed with Access 2003 that are causing the problems.

I actually can't remember whether the drivers were signed or not - I will check that one out.

Thanks for the info - that gives me something to go in with.

Cheers,

Alan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom