Automation Error (1 Viewer)

denileigh

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:13
I have a form that merges with a word document and has been working just fine for a couple of years.

HOWEVER....

1 (only 1) of the computers in the office all of the sudden started getting this error when trying to run the merge.

("Run-time Error 2147024770 (8077007e)

Automation error - the specified module could not be found.

All of the other PC's in the office run it just fine.

Any ideas?

modest

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:13
You're going to have to post more information/possibly some samples. Run the repair utitility and do a decompile.

mresann

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:13
I'm guessing that the object reference is missing. On the offending computer, open up the vb edit form and check references. If you see a "MISSING" reference, you may have to reattach it.

modest

Registered User.
Local time
Guessing is all we can do... but we dont even know where the VBA is. Is the problem with Word or Access? Which is the program with the trouble?

denileigh

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:13
I am still new to Access. Where to I go to check for the object reference? The problem happens when you are in the access form and you click the button to merge with word.

Where do I go to do a decompile?

But it only happens on the one PC and that just started. It works fine on all the others and has for a LONG time.

KeithIT

Registered User.
Local time
If it is a missing reference there may be another solution. Keep reading...

To compile open the db in design view and then view the code. In the code window there is a menu titled "Debug" and the first option in this menu is "Compile [DB Name]". Choose that. Forgot to mention, write down the lines of code that show up as highlighted and the error message that shows up with them. You might have to list them here and ask for help, but this is the best way to check your code easily.

Now to check the references the menu you want is "Tools" - "References". You are looking first for a warning message that pops up saying "xxxxx reference is missing" or something to that effect. Next, when the window opens, look through the list of references which are checked off (they will be listed at the very top) and find any ones that say "Missing." Write down the name of the reference, uncheck it, then scroll down and re-check it lower in the list. This should reset the reference.

The other thing you may need to do if it is a missing reference is update your MDAC to version 7.0 sp1 or even 8.0 sp1. To do this (only if you need to, otherwise never play around the system settings as windows will automatically update in the future) go to www.microsoft.com and download MDAC 8.0. Let us know if any of this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom