Intermittent missing reference to mso.dll (1 Viewer)

DataMiner

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:22
Hi,
Recently our IT department has upgraded my PC from Outlook 2000(?) to 2003. This has installed the Microsoft Office 11 dll (mso.dll) but since I still have all MS Office apps EXCEPT outlook, in the previous (2002) versions, I now have two copies of the Microsoft office dll on my desktop... so, for example, if I look in the references list in MS Access, I see both Microsoft Office 10 and Microsoft Office 11.

To make matters more interesting, I do all my development work on my PC, but my users all use a runtime version from Citrix terminal server. The terminal server does NOT have any Office 2003 apps installed on it, so does NOT have the Microsoft office 11 library. It also has ONLY the runtime version of Access, so I can't do my development work on the server.

So... I made sure that all of my applications referenced only the Microsoft Office 10 dll, since it's available on both my PC and on the terminal server.

However, running from the terminal server, I am INTERMITTENTLY getting an error message saying that I've got a missing or broken reference to mso.dll version 2.3.

After I get this error message, if I just say OK and go on about my business, the application seems to work OK. And if I close and reopen the app, that also seems to make the error go away.

The only place I'm even referencing the mso.dll is in my library.mde database, (which is referenced by the db that is giving the intermittent error.)

Before I made the mde, I made certain that the mdb that I made it from referenced only the "10" version of the mso.dll, the version that should be available both from my PC and from the server.

So far I have not been able to duplicate the error; it's just intermittent.

Any ideas? (I mean, other than "don't mix different versions of MS Office"....)

Thanks for any suggestions.

chriswies

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:22
Try this...

Hy, just found this board and registered :)

#1 eliminate early binding and choose late binding for you lib.mde.

dim ref as reference
for each ref in references
debug.print ref.name & ref.guid & ref.major & ref.minor
next

this shows you the exact refenrence of your installed office system.
on loading your lib, you can now check for ref.isbroken and loop through your office versions by
references.addfromguid
start with the lowest version.

Hope that helps
Christoph

chriswies

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:22
Try this...

Hy, just found this board and registered :)

#1 eliminate early binding and choose late binding for you lib.mde.

dim ref as reference
for each ref in references
debug.print ref.name & ref.guid & ref.major & ref.minor
next

this shows you the exact refenrence of your installed office system.
on loading your lib, you can now check for ref.isbroken and loop through your office versions by
references.addfromguid(guid,major,minor)
start with the lowest version.

See also http://www.experts-exchange.com/Databases/MS_Access/Q_21617337.html

Hope that helps
Christoph

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom