Unexpected Error (40230) (1 Viewer)

ssteinke

for what it's worth
Local time
Today, 12:03
Ever since I switched from using a Mapped Drive to using the UNC path for my linked tables, i occassionally get Unexpected Error (40230).

I noticed this first when i manually re-linked using the link table manager, it linked the tables, then gave me this error several times, likely reflecting the number of tables i linked, but the links refreshed.

I then noticed this error when i used the acCmdZoom method on a textbox control on a continuous form. It opened the zoom, then gave me the same error several times, likely reflecting the number of records on the form, (i just hit the esc key to scroll through all the errors quickly.)

Any thoughts would be much appreciated,

*** UPDATE, Ok, I just did a Linked Table Manager again, got the error 112 times (or so), which is nowhere near the number of tables linked. After the error occurs once, and you perform that operation again, the error does not happen. Same thing when zooming, the error occurs sever dozens of times, but when i perform the zoom again, it does not repeat the error.

STILL NEED HELP

~Scott

Last edited:

ssteinke

for what it's worth
Local time
Does anyone have an idea where to start trouble shooting this? What exactly is an 'Unexpected Error'? It doesn't appear to be a programming error, but rather Access type error. This is driving me nuts.

~Scott

anyyoyo

Local time
Today, 09:03
Solution?

Scott,

did you ever find a solution for this? I'm getting the same error on my distributed app using the accmdzoom; but only on the customers domain. The error does not happen on my companies doman.

VERY frustrating.
I will have to find an alternate solution if there's no easy fix.

Thanks.
KS

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:03
Hi Scott,
Does the error go away if you switch back to Mapped Drive? I assume a network, correct?

anyyoyo

Local time
Rural Guy

Thx for you response. It's not a mapped drive issue. I have a form with continuous forms output. Some of the fields need to be cramped in space, so I give the user a ZOOM option on the double click event.

The accmdzoombox opens up no problem with the data; but when hit OK or CANCEL it gives them Unexpected Error 40230.

Happening with all users on that domain. It might be an office installation issue - don't know. There's no error in the code; it seems more an internal Access error.

As a work-around, I will give the users a msgbox instead of a zoom. This will be painful as there's twenty different screens where I use zoom, but it will be effective.:rolleyes:

Thanks
KS

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:03
Sorry KS. I see your point. It could be that Scott has a Zoom problem as well. I can't find anything about it in the MSKB.

anyyoyo

Local time
:)

Thx for your time anyway! I even tried an on error resume next that didn't help either.
KS

theprez

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:03
Don't know if this helps. I got this error when I was trying to create an MDE version of the database to deploy. I have a procedure written to link my external tables. So I relinked the tables. I also have a protection password to view the code. I eliminated this. I also ran a compact and repair operation. After doing this, I was able to create the MDE file without getting the 40230 unexpected error code. I have a feeling though that this is a generic error.

agathogo

Local time
I got the same error after splitting my database and making an MDE. SOLUTION: I had to fix any references in my database to point to the BE (when necessary) at which point the error was resolved. Using the link table manager to refresh links will not resolve the issue - the specific filepath has to be given.
The following link might be helpful for anyone experiencing this error in a similar context.
http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-1631991.php or http://www.mvps.org/access/tables/tbl0006.htm
is also referenced in the post.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom