Max records in a Table (1 Viewer)

Kempes

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:42
Hello.

Does anyone know what the maximum number of records a single table can hold in Access 2003, or is it purely governed by size limitations?

Thanks
Kempes

macca the hacke

Macca the Hacca
Local time
I think it is just size as I have used tables in the past with over 4 million lines of data - well it is in Access 97 anyway!

Kempes

Registered User.
Local time
Great, thanks.

4 Million. Wow!

Len Boorman

Back in gainfull employme
Local time
Think the limit is 1 gig in an individual table and 2 gig overall.

Have 5.25 Million in a single table. Access 97 and lots of room left

L

Alvinwhit

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:42
Is there a way to limit the amount of records that are on one table, for example, if I only want ten records to be on my table at any given time, what can I do to prevent users from adding more than ten records to that table?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:42
If you are creating your own sequence numbers, you could add a validation rule that says the sequence number must be <= 10.

Alvinwhit

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks,
I'm not sure I follow though, I have a table with a member ID field that is set at Long integer. I need for access to disallow new entrys after the number of records on that table is at the desired max.

If this is not possible is there a way to create a Code that will publish a msgbox when this table reaches the max number that I would like to be on my table, and if so where would I place the Code or Validation rule.

Sorry i'm a beginner in Access, and I don't really understand what you mean by creating my own Sequence Number.

Alvinwhit

Registered User.
Local time
Okay, never mind I figured it out. Thank you for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom