timeline chart (1 Viewer)

rob1968

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:12
I am looking for a solution to a Gantt chart I have on my database.

I would like the bars to change with the months.

For example, I have a bar going form Jan 1st to March 25th. When we get to Feb, the timeline on the chart will change to show Feb as the first month.

But the bar stays as is, so the bar now shows the job will go from Feb. 1 to April 25th.

Could you possibly advice on a solution.

R

Rich

Change the forms underlying query by setting the criteria

rob1968

Registered User.
Local time
your response has confused me. Although that is not difficult at the moment:)

I am not sure how I would change the criteria of the bar, to match the date in the timeline.

I can get the timeline to show the current month as the first in the timeline.

The bar matches the timeline at the monet for example, a project runnnig 1/01/03 to 05/05/03, with the current month Jan, corresponding to dates on the timeline.

But when the current month becomes Feb, the data for the project is still 01/01/03/ to 05/05/03, but the bar created in the report shows the project running as 01/02/03 to 05/06/03 against the timeline.

I obviuosly want it to show reflect that a month has gone on the project, so the bar starting on curent month is corect, but I want the bar to shrink if you like to reflect the correct end date.

I need to able to set a criteria that says, when we move a month forward, please reflect that in the bar of the Gantt Chart, ie the end date of the project shows the correct end date against the timeline.

If you have a simple solution to the problem, then I apologise for the waffle, and will look forward to your answer. Hope I haven't maddied the waters with this follow up.

Rob

rob1968

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

Many thanks for that. I am not about helping as I need the MinDate, to be current, even though the poject is a month old for expample?

Could you possibly help, as I am not that advanced.

KKilfoil

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:12
I have a database under development where I use a Gantt Chart.

The date range and scale of the graph are adjusted 'dynamically' via controls on the form and some event-driven code.

Ignore most of the rest of the db as it is still a work-in-progress

See the attached

HTH

Attachments

• projects_97.zip
    49.1 KB · Views: 4,632

billz260

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:12
Rich, you timline is exactly what I need but I can't figure out how you are controlling that blue box on the report. How does it know where to start and what is telling how long to be? It's perfect but I dunno how to re-create it.

Thanks

Sent you a PM...

R

Rich

It's dependant on the number of days between the start and end dates, the code behind the Report sizes the rectangle dependant on the above calculation

billz260

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:12
Where is the code located? I have A2002, does that mean i will not find it? I am new to using code in my Access DB's, and I need to learn.

I just couldn't find where the code was, not in the table or the report. I didn't see any modueles or macros. I need a bigger flashlight...

thanks

bill

.....moments later.....

I found it in the "ON OPEN" proporties for the report, duh...

Last edited:

mrrcomp

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:12
I have a database under development where I use a Gantt Chart.

The date range and scale of the graph are adjusted 'dynamically' via controls on the form and some event-driven code.

Ignore most of the rest of the db as it is still a work-in-progress

See the attached

HTH

Hi
I'm looking for a solution for Gantt in Access. I downloaded your demo however it crashes with runtime error 1004 - Unable to get the type property of the Axis Class

I don't see any references that are "missing" when I open the code.
Any suggestions?
Regards

Meir

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom