2000 - 97 Problem (1 Viewer)

lipin

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:13
I have created an app with several forms, queries, tables, reports, and macros. I used Access2000. Problem is that several of the users that need to use this are running 97. IT dept suggests redoing the app in 97. But it took over a month to finally get just right. I really don't want to redo everything.

What is lost going from 2000 to 97. Are relationships lost?
I'm think I can extract the data in the tables and retain table structure. But I have no idea if queries will still run, or if forms will still open. Do I just copy the whole database and open in 97 and see whats there? Has anyone had to deal with anything like this.

If anybody has any ideas they think may work, please let me know. Thanks a lot.

Jack Cowley

Registered User.
Local time
Access2000 can convert the db to Access97. Do this with a backup copy. You may need to make some minor changes in the database once it is converted. Split the database and save the backend as Access97 on the server. Give the users the frontend version of 97 or 2000, whichever they need.

lipin

Registered User.
Local time
That sounds like a great idea. But I don't know what you mean about splitting a datablase. Frontend? Backend?

Jack Cowley

Registered User.
Local time
Search help for splitting a database for details. Access can split the database for you: Tools > Database Utilities > Database Splitter...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom