Arrange Immediate, Local, Watch windows (1 Viewer)

davegoodo

Local time
Today, 20:01
I've been trying to arrange the Immediate, Local and Watch windows.
I thought it would be straight forward but its turned into a small nightmare.
Is there any help with getting these windows arrange in the VBE so that the Code window has the most space and these windows
sit below the module window along the bottom? At the moment I've got the Immediate window right across the bottom - See ScreenShot.
I would like to have the three windows across the bottom next to each other, but it's easier said than done. Any helpers?

Attachments

• VBE_ScreenShot.png
    VBE_ScreenShot.png
    35 KB · Views: 24

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 11:01
Like this you mean?
You just grab the title bar and drag it off from it's location, then size and relocate.
If you try an put it back inside the main window, it will resize it's width to the full width of the main window.
FWIW I have only just done this, for years I have just opened what I needed at the time. :)

However I have found that if you close them like that, then maximise the code window, then open them again you get the second pic.
1712561896397.png

1712562152919.png

Last edited:

davegoodo

Local time
Thanks Gasman,
I understand what you're saying. I was following instructions from a book (which I won't mention) but wound up in a mess. I think your suggestion that I use each window as required is a very sound idea. It is straight forward and solves the problem. I was starting to look for ways of doing it via the registry but I have enough respect for that place not to play around with it when I wouldn't be confident of what I'm doing.
I really like your answer and will proceed without multiple windows clogging up the VBE.
Much appreciated.

AHeyne

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:01
I particularly appreciate the width of the display in the Immediate Window.
The expressions you enter there can be quite a bit longer.

davegoodo

Local time
I particularly appreciate the width of the display in the Immediate Window.
The expressions you enter there can be quite a bit longer.
Thanks for the feedback, I'm happy to just use it as I need it. It is a good width (Immediate window).

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 11:01
I normally keep the Immediate window open (as I use it all the time) & add the locals / watch windows as required.
You can dock the various windows in your preferred location - see the Tools ...Options menu in the VBE

1713705715847.png

davegoodo

Local time
I normally keep the Immediate window open (as I use it all the time) & add the locals / watch windows as required.
You can dock the various windows in your preferred location - see the Tools ...Options menu in the VBE

View attachment 113780
Thanks for your reply. I leave the immediate window open all the time, and the others I open as needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom