Coming to a Country Near You (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KitaYama

Local time
Today, 18:17
I'm sure 84 years ago the Jews thought the same thing, if we just follow the rules everything will be okay. You can almost hear the German soldiers saying "This is for your own protection" as they were loaded onto boxcars. People think this can't happen again, it's just hidden better now with tech. Remember it's for your own protection.
Hitler, Stalin and now holocaust. I don’t understand why ”I don’t care if they listen to my conversation” ends up to this.
It seems useless to explain it any further. I’m out.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:17
"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it" just saying.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:17
If these technologies help police to make the cities safer, what's wrong with me allowing them use my location?
Because the government cannot be trusted to not misuse the information. I guess you haven't followed the miscarriage of justice known as "Jan 6". In the US, we have the Constitution and the bill of rights and neither protects us any more. Our government has gone rogue. The 4th amendment says:
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Even that did not stop the FBI from asking banks and phone companies to provide geo-location data AND financial transaction data WITHOUT any warrant or probable cause. If you were in the neighborhood, you got swept up in the investigation and now have to prove your innocence. That isn't supposed to be how our system of justice works. The FBI is still mining data to try to bring in more people.
Then it all comes back to respect the rules. Don’t jaywalk if you’re afraid of being recognized as someone who is used to live on his own rules not the society’s. As I said, if you don’t be on the wrong side, why being afraid.
But, there is where you are wrong. You are assuming that your government is benign and that no one will ever obtain power who is not benign. We have already seen that the United States is not immune to government over reach and Canada is already circling the toilet with much of the former UK hard on their heels. In Canada, two years ago the government froze the bank accounts of the truckdrivers who were protesting COVID restrictions. They have passed Draconian laws abridging the free speech of Canadians. Similar laws have also passed in other UK countries.

Protecting your privacy is more than just being "innocent". Good thing you weren't in DC on Jan 6th. You could be rotting in jail today.

Cotswold

Local time
Today, 10:17
100% Correct @AccessBlaster
Every airport you pass through requires that you take off your glasses, then stand on the green feet for the photo.
And that is just seconds after they have scanned your passport.
I passed through Hong Kong on my way to Australia. Phones were off because they wouldn't work outside UK.
When I got back to the UK I switched on and there was a message; "Welcome to Hong Kong"

In England FR cameras are all over the place. Buses railway stations, shopping centres. Even your local Co-op
has had them for a couple of years. Totally unavoidable today.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:17
Hitler, Stalin and now holocaust. I don’t understand why ”I don’t care if they listen to my conversation” ends up to this.
It seems useless to explain it any further. I’m out.
Do you think that if the citizens had stood up to the evil, those men would have been able to commit the atrocities they did?

You might want to read this poem and reflect on it.

When people of good will do not stand up against evil, the evil grows and festers as it is doing currently in the US. It has gotten so bad that we have lost the rights enshrined by the first 10 amendments. DJT is being crucified while we watch in horror as our DOJ is has been weaponized against half the country but especially against Trump. His first amendment rights have been squashed again. How can Trump be prevented from speaking but none of the liars who are accusing him are? EASY - weaponize the DOJ Get the talking heads yammering about the evil orange man so the ordinary public can't get past the noise. Repeat the lies loudly and often.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:17
Thread closed due to offence taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom