EXTRACTS IF CONTAINS (1 Viewer)

giovanni9720

Local time
Today, 05:23
EXTRACTS IF CONTAINS

The goal is to get the same result obtained in column D of the sheet "daily" but with a more decent formula and that allows me to add more data to the legend without having to put my hand to the formula every time
What should the formula do?
Look at column B of the daily sheet
If it contains some word which matches column B of the legend sheet, then the formula must return the value located in column C of the legend sheet
I try to explain myself even better
If for example in column b of the daily sheet appears "conad" followed or preceded by other words, then the formula must return "needed"
Why you should extract just "necessary"? Because in the sheet "legend" next to the word "conad", located in column B, the word "necessary" appears
If in column B of the daily sheet appears "restaurant" followed or preceded by other words, then the formula must extract "leisure" and so on
Why should you draw your own "leisure"? Because in the sheet "legend" next to the word "restaurant", located in column B, appears the word "leisure"
I hope I explained myself a little better
Thank you very much indeed

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 11:23
you post a sample worksheet to be more clear to us.
what do you mean by "next" word in column B?

giovanni9720

Local time
my contents appear like spam, where can i link the google sheet file? thanks

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 04:23
my contents appear like spam, where can i link the google sheet file? thanks
You need to be patient. It is an anti spam feature. You need a set number of valid posts to be able to post links.
Break up the 'link' with spaces for now, so it is not recognised as a link.

giovanni9720

Local time
other forum suggest me this formula that works
=arrayformula( SE.ERRORE( CERCA.VERT( regexextract(B5:B; textjoin("|"; VERO; leggenda!B5:B)); leggenda!B5:C; COLONNE(leggenda!B5:C); FALSO ); SE( LUNGHEZZA(B5:B); "scrivi qui a sinistra"; SE.ERRORE(1/0) ) ) )
you can see it in the cell giornaliero!d5 in this file
https:/ /docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Sh86J7ChtibaRpNHugURH4ybBZlXDDpR9np0IQfOd9w/edit?fbclid=IwAR0qVTKQ30P6tJuql7uxO11UcSt88qPhG7Wkic2Uc77fNcY17xfcNy2JTgI#gid=799113712

i hope i will help other people who have the same problem
thank you anyway for your time

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom