Field Description per Table (1 Viewer)

Randomblink

The Irreverent Reverend
Local time
Today, 09:08
Ok...

Question.
I have a database with several tables in it.
Each table has several fields, some in excess of 30 fields.
I have put VERY detailed descriptions for quick verification.
NOW, I would like to print out each table, listing out JUST each field and it's type and description.

This way, as I am building a form based on that table, I can just look at my print out and see the description for that field.

Help if you can.

ps I left out some important information for anyone who thinks I should try something different.

First off: This is a Front-End Back End Database
Secondly: I have roughly 21 Tables with an average 20 fields per table and they are all related, excepting two or three tables.

So, I understand there might be a better way of organizing my database, I am just looking for a way to print out the details of each table.

OH...and I know there is a Documentor. But unless you know something I don't, I end up with a page per field when I do one on tables...I need like a page per table.

Thanks in advance!

DBL

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:08
I think it's a real pain in the bum that you can't print out the design view details for a table - it would be really hepful if you could - without running the documentor and ending up with a 200 page report. You can't even copy and paste to Word.

I've taken screen grabs in the past and used them. That' causes problems if there are a lot of fields but it's better than nothing.

If anyone else knows how to do it, I'd appreciate knowing how!

J

Jerry Stoner

Cool!

Thanks Jack I've been looking for something like that for a while. You just saved me a ton of time (money)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom