Home email (1 Viewer)

DavidRS

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:04
Can anyone help?

I've set up a home LAN and i would like to be able to access my email from either PC or laptop but use one postbox i.e. have my outlook mail stored on a shared drive. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

David

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:04
DavidRS said:
Can anyone help?

I've set up a home LAN and i would like to be able to access my email from either PC or laptop but use one postbox i.e. have my outlook mail stored on a shared drive. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

David

Not with out an exchange or a terminal server I'm afraid see M$ Knowledge base for the reason.

DavidRS

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Minkey,

Do you (or anyone else) know how to configure an XP wireless network using Terminal Services It would be the PC that acts as the "server".

Cheers

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:04
There's probably a way you could but that's a little beyond me, I'm not too hot on networking with Outlook, sorry.

If only have Home edition, I've got one very quick and simple way of doing this - Remote Desktop Connection. If your not using the 'server' machine at the same time (as it will be locked when you remote in).

Start > programs > accessories > connections and type in the machine name (or IP address) and you'll have access the the 'server' machine which you run your Oulook on. Oh you'll have to login as the user that is logged into the 'server'. A bit messy but it would work.

DavidRS

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Minkey - I'll give it a go.

Cheers for the help

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom