Hotels (2 Viewers)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 18:21
Just spend lengthy amount of time trying to find phone number of specific hotel. All results are going thru third party. Which if I book thru them they can't guarantee handy-cap room. Even googled web site, of specific hotel, still takes me thru third party. Even googled how to get around third party. No result. Anybody know how to find phone number of specific hotel. These third party guys sure have the market cornered.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If the hotel's website gives you the third-party number, they really don't want to talk to you. I presume this is a non-chain establishment so they probably feel it is cheaper to use the third party than to try to maintain their own reservation system. If you have enough time, you can try snail mail. Try calling information to see what you get from them. There are yellow-pages websites but I don't seem to have much luck with them.

I've had a similar problem with Mutual of Omaha for my Part D drug plan. There is absolutely no way to talk to them unless you want to buy something. once you've signed up, you can only talk to Express Scripts which is their on-line pharmacy and front man apparently. So, if you have some problem with approval or whatever, you are SOL. There is no way to get through to them. Even the State of Connecticut had no way to get through to them. They also were constantly shuttled off to Express Scripts. So given this is Medicare season, if it is not too late, do not sign up for MofO. Express Scripts is a separate story since they handle mail order drug delivery for many drug companies. They try but they have the absolutely worst web application I have ever had the mis-fortune to try to use. It is double-dummy (bridge reference - means even when you can see all the cards you can't make the right play) hopeless.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:21
Try their Facebook
Anybody know how to find phone number of specific hotel.

I would first try their .com like https://www.marriott.com/ if the phone wasn't displayed, I would look for the Contact Us link. If that didn't work I would look for a Facebook link near the bottom of the page, sometimes they will have a number on Facebook.

Sometimes the 3rd parties won't give you a "confirmation number" instead they give you a reservation number that the hotel can't reference. Then it's a pain to get a refund because the 3rd party is sometimes out of the country.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Pat,
I don’t have time for snail mail, my departure date is Jan. 3th, Snail mail would not get to destination by Jan. 3rd. (example) If I put “Hold Mail” form in mail box outside my local post office, (Belleview, FL), Its pick up by local post office personnel, put in a truck an taken to Jacksonville, FL. Sorted and sent back to Belleview, FL, sort in Belleview, and put in in delivery slot, and the next day regular postman delivers to my mailbox. If a temp on that day he probably will not see hold notice which ends up with my medication from (Express Script) staying in my mail box for up to two weeks. Not making this up. This was told to me by postmaster when I complained. Now, as for Express Script, mine is from my military pensions and have very little complaints. The web site is very easy to order refills. If my prescription has expired, they automatically call my doctor. Some prescriptions the VA will not fill, so I get some from VA, some from Express Script. Thanks for letting me vent my frustration. Obviously, while talking to postmaster, I was on my best behavior.
Hotels that I want to visit again I put their no. in my computer. I will be heading to Savanah, GA, and Orangeburg, SC via I-95. To bad I was going I-10, I would stay with Doc.
AB, think I will try what you suggest. Not sure but think when web sit side tracts me to third party it’s a link through the third party. As said earlier third party has the system cornered. I actually get good deals at times thru Booking.com, but with the cold in Jan. I will definitely need Handicap room.

EDITED BY THE_DOC_MAN: Dick, you had a link behind what you posted. I left the text but removed the link. I know you didn't do that on purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I'm surprised you are happy with Express Scripts. Maybe they just pick on me. Yes, they do send renewal requests to doctors but if the doctor doesn't respond and my new PCP is really poor about this, they drop the ball. There is no follow up. The web page has so much wasted space and useless information that you can only see two prescriptions at any one time. They start sendinging cryptic emails within a week of filling a prescription referring to the "next" refill which is at least three months out. The emails don't contain the actual name of the drug, they just use the first letter, "to protect my privacy " from myself apparently since I have no option to change this. Usually One-time prescriptions get filled locally like antibiotics from the dentist or a salve for a rash. Then they badger me about how much I would save if I ordered it through them. When you have prescriptions that were transferred initially or are one-time and so filled locally, they stay in your list of active prescriptions for 18 months and you can't get rid of them. For the first 18 months I had two prescriptions for everything. The transferred prescription from Walgreen with active refills as well as the "new" Express Scripts item. Then my doctor changed the dosage on one of them. So,now I have THREE lines for that item and I can't hide the two useless ones. However, active prescriptions that are refilled regularly, can be archived and removed from the list but not old dead prescriptions. This is of course backwards. I can go on for an hour ranting about how awkward this website is. Their support people are pleasant and try to be helpful but they can't do anything about the stupid behavior of the website. I even managed to get routed to someone whose job it was to listen to people like me and to communicate my complaints to their IT. So, I spent hours documenting the problems including pictures. It seems to have all gone into the dumpster because a year later, I see no improvements.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
This is too much. I finally found a direct number use http for hotelxxx. However could not understand half his words. Asked if he had handy-cap room, yes but I had to book it thru third party. (Don’t ask me why, he couldn’t tell me) I think he might have meant their Corp number. Out of desperation booked thru third party. Received email confirmation, low and behold, direct number on confirmation. Call direct number, and asked if they had handy capped room. Answer yes, do you want to book it. Gave her my booking number. Reserved my room. Next time I need a room there I will call direct. Think I will start saving all the direct number. Great now I have to make a new DB.
Thanks to all who tried to help

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 15:21
Just spend lengthy amount of time trying to find phone number of specific hotel. All results are going thru third party. Which if I book thru them they can't guarantee handy-cap room. Even googled web site, of specific hotel, still takes me thru third party. Even googled how to get around third party. No result. Anybody know how to find phone number of specific hotel. These third party guys sure have the market cornered.
that's the worst.
try telling the 3rd party operator, "sorry, I'm in room 101 and I need more towels, can you transfer me to the front desk please, not sure how I got on this line"

some hotels are too fancy and like walgreens or the post office, all you can find is those damn call center numbers

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
can you transfer me to the front desk please, not sure how I got on this line"
I was in an elevator in my office building some years ago and it kept stopping between floors and opening the doors rather than the normal method of at a floor:) I was alone of course so after a few stops I figured out that I should call someone on the phone in the elevator. I did and I was connected to the operator at the company across the street. She of course thought I was joking because how could that happen on an inside line. Luckily, the opening was gradually adjusting and it opened only three feet below the floor so I was able to crawl out.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
You had to be there. It was scary but funny. I wasn't afraid I was going to die. The problem was how long before someone who called the elevator and saw a blank shaft instead of the car took to report the incident because once the phone was useless, unless I had convinced the operator to call my company and report my plight, I had no way out. Luckily as I said, the mis-alighment started to normalize.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom