How hard would it be for an IT Professional to make bulbs smart? (1 Viewer)

prabha_friend

Prabhakaran Karuppaih
Local time
Today, 20:37
If not from scratch atleast how to convert a normal to smart one... I know it's a very very big topic but sometimes things are easy if come from Top to Bottom. Like you are buying a car and slowly learn about it.

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 08:07
What are we talking about here? What is your working definition of a smart bulb? What would that look like, to you?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:07
From my understanding, you need a bulb that can be dimmed arbitrarily. Ordinary on/off (no shades in between) won't do the job. After that, the only way I know to retrofit that feature is to put the dimmable bulb in a smart socket. If you want a smart bulb, you have to start with a smart bulb. On the other hand, there should be no difficulty in finding dim bulbs. I believe they are found everywhere.

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 08:07
From my understanding, you need a bulb that can be dimmed arbitrarily. Ordinary on/off (no shades in between) won't do the job. After that, the only way I know to retrofit that feature is to put the dimmable bulb in a smart socket. If you want a smart bulb, you have to start with a smart bulb. On the other hand,
there should be no difficulty in finding dim bulbs. I believe they are found everywhere.
Many can be found posting on-line, for example. ;)

prabha_friend

Prabhakaran Karuppaih
Local time
Today, 20:37
There's a kick in being a creative and to be a creator... Agree?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom