Solved Issue with Edge Browser Control on User's Computer (1 Viewer)

Mohsin Malik

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:52
Hello everyone,

I am facing an issue with the Microsoft Access Edge Browser Control on one of our user's computers, which started occurring yesterday. The user has the same Office365 version Version 2402 (Build 17328.20142) as everyone else, but for some reason, the Edge Browser Control isn't functioning correctly.

The control isn't rendering or navigating to any websites/files. I have tried updating office version, restarting the computer and even created a new blank database and added Edge Browser Control and tried navigating to https://www.google.com but the problem persists. Also when I right-click on the Web Browser Control in form view, no contextual menu appears, which suggests the edge browser control might not be loading / working properly. Everything looks fine in design view, but it won't load any local or web files, which is the issue that began yesterday.

This situation is unique to this specific user, and I am at a bit of a loss on how to proceed and troubleshoot this issue. Any insights, suggestions, or solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!

1711122063766.png

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 10:52
Does the same happen if they log on to another computer?

tvanstiphout

Local time
Today, 02:52
Click on "View installed updates" from this screen. Anything happen yesterday? If so, can it be uninstalled?

Mohsin Malik

Registered User.
Local time
Does the same happen if they log on to another computer?
There is only one user who reported this error yesterday. There were no configuration changes or new installations by the user.

Click on "View installed updates" from this screen. Anything happen yesterday? If so, can it be uninstalled?
View Installed Updates does not show anything installed yesterday. However I have tried a rollback yesterday on Office365 Version 2402 (Build 17328.20142) from version Version 2402 (Build 17328.20184) but this does not resolve the issue with the web browser control.
1711124190298.png

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 10:52
There is only one user who reported this error yesterday. There were no configuration changes or new installations by the user.
Not what I asked? :(

Plus 365 is showing as installed yesterday? in your first pic?

Mohsin Malik

Registered User.
Local time
Plus 365 was not installed yesterday. It is actually a rolled back date as I tried rolled back to Version 2402 (Build 17328.20142) to see if it resolve the issue, and the 'Programs and Features' show the install date as yesterday.
Not what I asked? :(

Plus 365 is showing as installed yesterday? in your first pic?

Mohsin Malik

Registered User.
Local time
The great news is that I have just received a message from the user indicating the issue was automatically resolved this morning. Thank you, @Gasman and @tvanstiphout for your insights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom