Johnny Duped (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:23
If this is a true statement then I feel sorry for Johnny Depp...

My own opinion, based on the clips I have seen, it's probably about right!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I've been watching tons of footage of the trial. To me, she looks guilty as hell. So much of her story seems entirely suspect. For example, she claims she donated all her $7M from Johnny Depp to two charities. Well, she has actually only paid a small fraction of it. Possible purgery charges from the UK because she said in a UK court she had paid it all, which is not true, as admitted by Amber Heard herself in US court.

AngelSpeaks

Local time
Today, 06:23
Let's not forget her testimony that makeup covered the bruises and ice reduced the swelling.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
She claims she was repeatedly punched in the face by Depp, and that he was always wearing large rings on all his fingers. So, a bit like being hit by a knuckle duster many times. A photo very soon afterwards? Zero visible swelling or marks. She comes across as almost psychotic in the audio clips released in court, and the diagnosis of histrionic personality disorder by one of the psychologists seems right on point. See has told so many lies it is difficult for her to keep up with it all.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Someone gave me this advice when I was young:

Always tell the truth. It is too hard to consistently remember all the lies.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 04:23
Yes most people seem to overwhelmingly agree that Amber Heard is full of sh*t.

It's kind of sad to me that it took tens of millions of dollars of rich people who have the capacity to fight back to finally show the world beyond the shadow of any doubt that NO, you don't just automatically "believe all women" (something obviously every man and anyone with half a brain knew the whole time)... Rather everyone is innocent until proven guilty and all evidence should be examined before believing ANYONE on ANY side.

Interestingly, studies have actually shown that among younger couples females are more often the original instigators of episodes involving physical violence, albeit in smaller ways like slapping, small punches and throwing things. Men are then stuck in the difficult dilemma of having to restrain their natural response to that in an unnatural and, arguably, unfair way. Many police departments actually subscribe to a doctrine that holds that when a couple had a fight, they consider the man the aggressor as a matter of fact without regard to the facts of the situation (I forget what the name of the doctrine is called). I read about it in detail once and was shocked than any one could promulgate such an obviously wrong thing. The deck has gotten stacked a little bit too far in one way since the me too movement and I think everyone kind of knew it but was afraid to say it and now this trial is proving it out and making it okay to talk about again.

What do I always say about social and political controversies? The pendulum always swings too far in one direction to correct the previous wrong and then creates a new wrong and then keeps swinging back with an overreaction each time.. that pretty much sums up social changes in America

Last edited:
Reactions: Jon

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
The "me too" movement was hysteria, just like the BLM movement. (Side note: now after their recent tax filiings, we find that the BLM leaders were lining their own pockets. It was therefore a racket.) Since we know that both men and women lie, to say you should believe the woman means that a) the man is lying, and b) that the woman is telling the truth, despite admission that women lie. Does any of this actually need an explanation? I think not. It is just sexism at its worse and the most illogical thing you could ever think of saying.

It just goes to show that whenever any movement gains momentum, rationality and common sense seems to go out the window.

@Isaac I agree with everything you said there.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yes that's true. And I haven't even touched on another aspect of the whole thing which is another one of those things that I think everyone just kind of innately knows but doesn't talk about? And that is the fact that the two sets of violence are treated a little bit unjustifiably differently. Men simply don't report it when they're female partner makes hostile physical contact with them. They probably should get out of the relationship immediately, but they don't, nor do they tell anyone or report it. Maybe they don't care or maybe there are other reasons. I'm not sure why and don't want to go into it but the reality is that if a woman reports it it's taken very seriously, but men don't report it because of a stigma about it but I'm glad that Johnny Depp is following through. She was clearly an abuser on every level ranging from mentally to physically.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
One more comment and this is just totally frivolous so don't take it too seriously, but does anyone else wonder what he ever saw in her???
To me she doesn't even break a 2 on a scale of 1 to 10.
If I passed her in the grocery store I wouldn't even notice?
She must have some charm or intrigue that caught his attention or something that to me is inexplicable :unsure:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:23
In the mind of the left, "believe the woman" is the way to enforce equity. In the past, women were not always believed when they accused men of sexual assaults just as in the past, black people were sometimes (even frequently in some situations) discriminated against. Therefore, to atone for those sins, people today must do the opposite. Logic and equality be damned. Fix a prior error with a current error to injure an innocent party.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Yes that's true. And I haven't even touched on another aspect of the whole thing which is another one of those things that I think everyone just kind of innately knows but doesn't talk about? And that is the fact that the two sets of violence are treated a little bit unjustifiably differently. Men simply don't report it when they're female partner makes hostile physical contact with them. They probably should get out of the relationship immediately, but they don't, nor do they tell anyone or report it. Maybe they don't care or maybe there are other reasons. I'm not sure why and don't want to go into it but the reality is that if a woman reports it it's taken very seriously, but men don't report it because of a stigma about it but I'm glad that Johnny Depp is following through. She was clearly an abuser on every level ranging from mentally to physically.
You make a good point. When a woman is violent towards a man, it is considered frivolous. Why aren't the feminists up in arms at this equality between men and women?

The truth as I see it is mostly about the evolutionary adaption of the species. Man as the protector is ingrained into our bones, but not vice-versa. So a protector attacking a partner is viewed through a different lens. Intellectually, we believe in equal rules between the sexes, yet the bias just cannot be overcome quite so simply.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
In the mind of the left, "believe the woman" is the way to enforce equity. In the past, women were not always believed when they accused men of sexual assaults just as in the past, black people were sometimes (even frequently in some situations) discriminated against. Therefore, to atone for those sins, people today must do the opposite. Logic and equality be damned. Fix a prior error with a current error to injure an innocent party.
The feeling of justice by doing the reverse makes no sense. Most of the discrimination was done by people who are no longer alive. By adopting this atonement, you are just repeating the generational sins. What happens after this generation passes? Will the next one reverse the situation once again so we are back to square one?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
One more comment and this is just totally frivolous so don't take it too seriously, but does anyone else wonder what he ever saw in her???
To me she doesn't even break a 2 on a scale of 1 to 10.
If I passed her in the grocery store I wouldn't even notice?
She must have some charm or intrigue that caught his attention or something that to me is inexplicable :unsure:
To me, she is a 10+. Or if someone categorised into groups, she would be in the top 10% of the super-hot category. It is such a shame that she is a monster! Then again, perhaps the reality of people with those sorts of looks transcends whatever the rest of us experience. Preferential treatment, doors opened into opportunity or potential riches that ordinary folk could only dream of. Consequently, it tilts the personality into expectation, preferential treatment and narcissism.

But @Isaac, although I find it hard to understand your perspective on this one, on a YouTube video someone else was debating with their colleague about this. One said he wouldn't give her a second glance, while the other said he thought she came in the top corner of the super-hot league, a view I share.

Perhaps that is what drives her bonkers about JD. He wants a divorce, while most guys will put up with anything because she is so hot. Perhaps a new experience for her of rejection.

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Fix a prior error with a current error to injure an innocent party
Exactly! Say it again.
This is as creative as they get. Correcting a wrong with more wrong.

What do I always say...that often times the old simple sayings are still perfectly relevant. In this case,"TWO WRONGS DO NOT MAKE A RIGHT"

Reactions: Jon

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
To me, she is a 10+. Or if someone categorised into groups, she would be in the top 10% of the super-hot category. It is such as shame that she is a monster! Then again, perhaps the reality of people with those sorts of looks transcends whatever the rest of us experience. Preferential treatment, doors opened into opportunity or potential riches that ordinary folk could only dream of. Consequently, it tilts the personality into expectation, preferential treatment and narcissism.

But @Isaac, although I find it hard to understand your perspective on this one, on a YouTube video someone else was debating with their colleague about this. One said he wouldn't give her a second glance, while the other said he thought she came in the top corner of the super-hot league, a view I share.

Perhaps that is what drives her bonkers about JD. He wants a divorce, while most guys will put up with anything because she is so hot. Perhaps a new experience for her of rejection.
Well then in that case I'm actually glad I brought it up because it's always interesting to hear different perspectives. So I take it there are probably many people that see it the way you do too. I guess looks is in the eye of the beholder.

I did notice one thing that was really fascinating to me and let's see if we agree on this. Now this is really getting down in the weeds and just for fun.

Did you notice how during the first few weeks of the trial when it was Johnny on the stand, she showed up every day looking as pretty as possible. There were other things too that she did that they were reporting to try to mess with his head. I won't go into more details because nobody cares what's in the deep recesses of my brain when I look, but let's just say every day she seem to show up looking her best.

Then in the latter part of the trial when it was her turn to play the victim, she showed up looking significantly different every day. Very plain, very... it's hard to articulate this, but very something. Just not the type of way one would make one's self up to be noticed by a man.
It kind of caught my attention and then I noticed how it coincided perfectly with who was on the stand and what phase of the trial they were in.

Women like her, nothing they do is by accident. From fancy braids to the color of eye shadow.

I will be VERY surprised if the jury doesn't find against her. Although I haven't studied the makeup of the jury or those implications very much yet haven't had time to keep up with it. Just noticed the first half she looked her best from a male perspective, the second half like a pitiable dufus

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Amber Heard is a beautiful woman but is getting by on her looks. Her acting ability probably exists but at a level I am not qualified to evaluate. I have seen insufficient evidence for her skills based on only having seen her in two movies, and in one she was a bit-part participant.

By comparison, if you look at other shapely, beautiful blonde actresses - but who have real acting chops - you could look to Jennifer Lawrence or Charlize Theron, two academy award winners. If you don't limit it to blondes, you could look to Scarlett Johanssen (who MIGHT be a blonde this month) or Kristen Stewart. They have the skills to back up the pretty face. If you've got the skills then you get good roles even later in life - like Jessica Tandy who got the Best Actress award for her role in Driving Miss Daisy - when she was in her "golden years." I still can't watch the last 20 minutes of that movie without crying.

As to calling Amber Heard a 10+ ... Maybe, maybe not. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. When I see her, I see a lot of veiled anger that strongly subtracts from her beauty. Take a look at Jessica Alba - a VERY beautiful young woman who eventually decided to start up her own business, and it is doing quite well. She was and is much more than just another pretty face. When I see Amber, that pretty face is all that I see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom