Major UK terrorist attack foiled (1 Viewer)

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:24
ColinEssex said:
I note that your link is quoting from NBC. So bear in mind that being an American news quote it will glorify the US involvement and give the impression the US is running the show.

No, it actually highlighted past US security short-comings as a possible reason.

Analysts say that in recent years, American security officials have become edgier than the British in such cases because of missed opportunities leading up to 9/11.

How is this glorification?

ColinEssex said:
I feel that if the British didn't think the time was right then they wouldn't be pressured into doing anything by a glory seeking US department.

Oh like how they weren't pressured into backing all the other US foreign policies you go on about. Yeah right :rolleyes:

ColinEssex said:
Also bear in mind that the US is narked because the spotlight is on the UK not the USA.:rolleyes:

There is plenty of focus on the US. All targeted planes were US carriers and heading to US soil. It's just the suspects that all seem to be British.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
dan-cat said:
There is plenty of focus on the US. All targeted planes were US carriers and heading to US soil.
British Airways is not American, neither is Lufthansa. Targeted planes were US bound - not necessarily US carriers. :rolleyes:

Col

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
ColinEssex said:
British Airways is not American, neither is Lufthansa. Targeted planes were US bound - not necessarily US carriers. :rolleyes:

Col

Hmmm originally I read the airlines targeted were United, American and Continental. Perhaps they have updated the info since then. Got any links?

EDIT: Not interested in entertaining my 'glorification' question?

R

Rich

ColinEssex said:

Col
Funny how Bush dragged out his "the terrorists were planning on attacking America's freedoms" drivel again. :rolleyes:

Adeptus

What's this button do?
Local time
Today, 23:54
Rich said:
Funny how Bush dragged out his "the terrorists were planning on attacking America's freedoms" drivel again. :rolleyes:
I think the "freedoms" most impacted by this current attempt have been the British...
I hear it's really messed up airline timetables, as the extra security precautions are taking so much longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom