MSAL in Access? (1 Viewer)

eatraas

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:06
Hello,

Has anyone used MSAL ( Microsoft Authentication Library) from ACCESS? Some starters would be nice. Searching on google did not reveal much.

I need to implement this for a client.

Regards
Erwin

GPGeorge

George Hepworth
Local time
If your Google search didn't turn up much, my guess is that repeating that search might not be any better.

That said, maybe you can start by outlining what this "MSAL" is and how you intend to use it and for what purpose.

eatraas

Registered User.
Local time
Hi, thank you.

The clients want to use this because it will give us access to their Sharepoint environment. We need to change a certain property of the orders we get from them. Now it is a manual action, logging in and doing a number of things to change the property of the order. This is very labor intensive and with the new way it will become very easy to change it.

MSAL basically takes care of the authentication on the client system.

Regards
Erwin

GPGeorge

George Hepworth
Local time
Hi, thank you.

The clients want to use this because it will give us access to their Sharepoint environment. We need to change a certain property of the orders we get from them. Now it is a manual action, logging in and doing a number of things to change the property of the order. This is very labor intensive and with the new way it will become very easy to change it.

MSAL basically takes care of the authentication on the client system.

Regards
Erwin
I see. It's for authentication to SharePoint then?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Is this on top of just linking the lists as tables in Access? Are you planning on running some of the asmx pages in SharePoint from Access?

eatraas

Registered User.
Local time
No, as I understand Is will be formatting an URL and calling this URL which will change, in this case, the status of the order. Af first the token must be set up to be able to do that.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
No, as I understand Is will be formatting an URL and calling this URL which will change, in this case, the status of the order. Af first the token must be set up to be able to do that.
Okay, since you haven't given us any links to what you're referring to, I did a quick search and found this page.
No where in that page was it mentioned about using VB or having support for it.
When I looked in Access, I don't see a reference available for MSAL.
1661615602048.png

When I have to use SOAP or REST to work with a web service, I usually just use the HTTPRequestClass, which is available in any of the XML libraries.

eatraas

Registered User.
Local time
No, indeed I can not provide any links because this is confidential.
It seems that we will have to choose another path, away from Access.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:06
The other possibility is whether MSAL is a separately purchased product that isn't automatically part of Windows. From the link offered by theDBguy I would say it looks like it is a product. If it is a product, it will likely have a library (.DLL type) included with the .EXE files.

If it does, you might make it fly with Access. If not, then you are right that it might be better to pick a different context and package.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom