Number of query values and destination fields are not the same (1 Viewer)

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:47
well, I don't know. Your issue must be a common one so I would expect there is a common solution, but I don't know what it is myself. All I can say is I suspect it is to do with language settings.

My final suggestion is to try

VALUES ( 6 , 1 , #02/02/2015# , 'Transfer', 'Transfer From' , '2,4')

and see if a string will then be interpreted correctly.

And as I have asked numerous times before - have you tried Grumm's suggestion which seems to be the most obvious one to try?

just found this link as well

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/EuroConvert-Function-7d7788a5-1993-4c0f-8c19-a202992319b0

AlexN

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:47
well, I don't know. Your issue must be a common one so I would expect there is a common solution, but I don't know what it is myself. All I can say is I suspect it is to do with language settings.

My final suggestion is to try

VALUES ( 6 , 1 , #02/02/2015# , 'Transfer', 'Transfer From' , '2,4')

and see if a string will then be interpreted correctly.

And as I have asked numerous times before - have you tried Grumm's suggestion which seems to be the most obvious one to try?

just found this link as well

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/EuroConvert-Function-7d7788a5-1993-4c0f-8c19-a202992319b0

Grumm suggested this :

"You can just format the decimal field.
Format(Me.[Amount],"Standard")

But if the amount is not a decimal then you still get errors. "

As I said I tried it with the same results. In fact I tried every possible format.

Haven't tried the text format you're suggesting having a little concern of how I'll get totals from text. I'll try it though.

Finally, EuroConvert function, converts regional currencies (if existing) to Euros with a fixed conversion rate for each country. Not applicable in this situation (we're still in Euro Zone).

Thank you so much for your time, your concern and your help.

static

Registered User.
Local time
If your field is currency it is a number. No number includes a comma except as a display format. So if a number is being formatted as text and you don't know why you'd be better off uploading your db so we can look into it for you.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
@static, issue is that the OP is in Greece. Many European countries format number differently - basically swapping the . for a , and visa versa e.g.

in european format is

For some reason, Access is ignoring the windows language settings which 'under the hood' should interpret 12.345,67 as a double/currency whatever.

@Alex - have you checked your windows language settings in control panel and Access to ensure they are compatible

static

Registered User.
Local time
A number is a number no matter what. If it includes a comma it has been converted to text.

+Regional settings only affect the display values, they do not affect the underlying datatype.

Last edited:

AlexN

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:47
Well CJs suggestion (using Amount as a text value in sql) worked perfectly alright. I only had to use ' ' for the Amount field also.

Thanks CJ_London,

Thank you all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom