possible to combine Ken Higg's FE version control WITH DCrake's shell extension code? (1 Viewer)

wiklendt

i recommend chocolate
Local time
Today, 17:03
Cool - Could you document/explain all the mods/enhancements you've made in a post in the sample database section? And maybe include a sample .mdb?

yup. though i may first post it here? just to give people a look and iron out any major oversights before it is deemed a "sample" database?

wiklendt

i recommend chocolate
Local time
Today, 17:03
Cool - Could you document/explain all the mods/enhancements you've made in a post in the sample database section? And maybe include a sample .mdb?

ok, i have been working on a suite of DB's to demonstrate FE/BE updating (which mimmicks the server/user/developer setup). i have also compiled detailed documentation on how to use the files/code.

the pdf is long - 5 pages, but for anyone wanting just to look at the mdbs, a reminder to use SHIFT when you open for scrutiny!

i'll upload it here first for examination in case i've missed something obvious or made some massive faux pas.

in the example, i've included a "login" form for users, but no auditing or security - i did it because i needed a BE table to link to, and that's the only one i thought would be useful in a sample DB. having said that, i suppose i could have made an empty "tblSystem" table or something...

anyway, let me know what you all think. it's a little cumbersome at the moment to customise (though the sample works as-is if you put the TESTDB folder directly on C:/ drive), but once it's done it makes deploying FE versions a cinch.

i'm happy for anyone to make changes or improvement or deletions of superfluous stuff. i've tried to make it as functional and automatic as i can (once the initial setup is done).

edit: *sigh* helps if i actually upload the files!

Attachments

• Instructions and Description.zip
    446.5 KB · Views: 282
  • TESTDB.zip
    363.1 KB · Views: 201

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom