seed germination forecast database (1 Viewer)

calypso

Local time
Today, 19:39
Hello from The Kaipara in New Zealand.
I am new to MS Access and am very hopeful to be able to create a database for two reports I need for seed germination. When I plant seeds I need to enter how many of each variety and would like two reports from it. One that looks up figures from a forecast. Like 12 seeds planted should give me 600 seeds from a table that represents the forecast. One column has the number of seeds and there are various columns that give quantity that can be produced - 600 seeds. Another column would give that in grams, another column gives kilos and another a dollar value. The other report would give the actual seeds that have come up that I update every day. So this report is the actual figures. I then need to somehow link those two together taking the difference. Is this at all possible? I can do it in excel but I am new to access and am struggling with the relationships for linking each table together and how to create the queries and have got in rather a muddle. I would really appreciate some step by step guides as I do wish to learn how to set it up. Im guessing I need two tables? The varieties table and the forecast table that gives the calculated figures that links to the variety. Then a form where I enter the variety name and the number of seeds and then need the rest of it to lookup from the forecast table. Like I enter number of seeds say 12 and all the other columns in the form fill in automatically giving forecast column that would look up 12 seeds and automatically puts in 600 in forecast coumn and the other columns like dollar value etc. Then maybe in the same form I enter actual and have a coumn that calculates the difference? I know it is possible and Im confused with the relationships and what I link to and how I set it all up. Thanks heaps for listening Julie

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:39
Hello from The Kaipara in New Zealand.
I am new to MS Access and am very hopeful to be able to create a database for two reports I need for seed germination.
Thanks heaps for listening Julie

Thats about all I could read on your post, anything and everything is possible in access.

If you are new to databases you might benifit from researching it first vs diving straight in. Your base is very important, this is called your datamodel and is created by a process called "Normalization".

I suggest you research Normalization and learn it first before you start anything in any database. Once that is in place the rest should flow much more easy.

Oh and while you are working on that, I suggest getting your <enter> key fixed.

Also Welcome to the forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom