show only unique field values (1 Viewer)

K

kenburr

I have created a table and form which works great, storing about other things customers names and part numbers that those customers want. Now I want to create another form which will show a customer's name only once, but show with that name all the part numbers associated with that customer and be able to printout the original form which created that information. Everything I have tried shows all customers names as many times as they are listed in the table. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Bru

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:06
assuming that you are using forms and subforms, the query builder or query that you are using (Your select statement) will be viewable by a QBE grid. You likely have two tables with a join for CustomerID in one table and CustomerID in another. If you left click the join (you may have to make the join) and change the join properties from option 1(show records where joined fields are equal) to show all the records in customers and only the records in parts that are equal or vice versa. you can also right click the QBE grid and change unique records to yes.
I hope this is what you mean.
Bru

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom