Clearing DATE fields (1 Viewer)

Adrianna

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:24
Problem:
I need to create a macro or a query to clear all of the date fields in my [Last Date Updated] field.

Reason:
On the click of a button I have a master table export via e-mail to the HQ of our company. On the HQ end, the user will click a macro that will:
Import the file into a new table
Open the update query which will weed out unchanged records
Close the query
Delete the imported table

Back in at the division end, when the user exports the file...I would like to have the same marco run a command or query to reset all of the last updated fields to NULL. Or I could created a field called [Update] as a check box allowing me to know on the import end which records need to pass through the import and update query for HQ. If I do this...I will still have to reset all of the [Last Date Updated] or [Updated] field to No, or Null.

Could I just run an update query to reset all of the fields. Sounds like the Yes/No field would be easier. Hmm...I think I've figured this out for myself. I'll try it out, but if anyone can think of a way to do this or a better way of performing this operation....I'd like to hear about it!!!:)

Jack Cowley

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:24
I think the Yes/No field and an update query is the way to go....

Adrianna

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:24
The Yes/No field did work and it was much easier to work with. I don't know why I was so set on having dates in those fields. I don't think that anyone would really care with they were last updated anyway....and if they do...I'll just make an additional field for tracking changes.

Thanks for the input though!:D

Jack Cowley

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:24
Sometimes it is hard to shake off the first solution that comes to mind but is sounds like you have done just that. I am glad that your new solution is working so well for you. Now you are ready if the situation ever comes up again....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom