creating BOM (1 Viewer)

mabino79

Local time
Today, 21:45
Will you ALWAYS draw from branch A before branch B for ALL components? If so, Add a priority field to your branch table and sort your inventory records on that as you go into the inteory allocation part. If the priority for a particular assembly/part depends on the assembly/part, then you need to add a field to the part table to identify the prefered branch. This will be a more complicated process.
yes its the requirement

can you tell me how to do so

thanks for your prompt reply

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 17:15
yes its the requirement

You have been told twice, by two different people, but seem unable to grasp this? :(

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 12:15
Code:
Yes its the requirement
It seems pretty simple. As previously stated simply order stock by Priority, then first in. Now pull from the sorted list. Which part is confusing?

spaLOGICng

Local time
Today, 09:15
Dear all

I need to create a Bill Of Material (BOM) in MS access but there is some issue want to discuss first.

The product will be created with an Assembly of 5 accessories, there will be two branches with the same product code but when we stock out or send it to manufacturing the stock should be deducted from the main branch first if there will be no stock in the main branch then it deducts from the sub-branch.

Can anyone help on this or make any db earlier, please share for reference.

Thanks in Advance
A bill of materials it can be done with three tables, apart from anything else, such as work orders, and sales.

Inventory, Product, and Product Details. You would need a 4th table for Enums (product type). Your product table would have an ID column joined to the product type column.

Each product, component, and subcomponent is a product in it own right.

You would produce a subcomponent and it goes to inventory. A transaction history record would be the fact record for cost. Similarly with all items to produce the finished product. This design keeps the number of tables to a minimum.

You add items to your BOM in Forms that are bound to tables

Your BOM Report would be bound to a query pulling the 4 tables together. Your BOM Report is grouped and sorted so that all components are reported in the correct order and grouped properly.

Work orders and Production is a separate process. But before you can consume a subcomponent, you must produce it to inventory first.

Your Inventory Cost can handled from a transaction history table. You purchased raw material. You require x amount of that RM to produce a subcomponent. All the costs in the subcomponent, including labor and overhead factors, is the cost from that item, and similarly for all items, until the finished good is produced.

Your Inventory Cost method can be Standard Cost, Weighted Average, FIFO, or LIFO. I prefer weighted average or fifo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom