bypassing artificial intelligence at large corporations (1 Viewer)

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 09:40
I have used various techniques in the past few months to get around the ridiculous artificial intelligence systems that the big players (and even the small players) are using to mitigate the use of actual employees to answer basic-level questions. My questions are always on a much higher level than that and I know full well that the robots can't answer them, so I always do whatever I can to confuse the robots so they'll be forced to ask a human being to help out. I had to talk to credit card company HSBC today about an issue that was quite complex in nature, and I knew that the robot probably didn't have the answer, nor did I want to go through the endless menus it offers to try and see if it did, so this is what I did to make it contact a human....

Confusing the HSBC robot

<edit>
This method also works when calling into these companies. I used it when calling Discover Card's customer service, although in that instance I went to an extreme and said "what is my APR after 60 months?"

Attachments

• confusing_the_hsbc_robot.jpg
    confusing_the_hsbc_robot.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:40
So what other Banks and Credit Cards do you use?

Just asking for a friend.

:rolleyes:

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
So what other Banks and Credit Cards do you use?
Just asking for a friend.
:rolleyes:
Well based on last PM to me Moke, I would assume you're giving me grief here. Is that actually a legitimate question?

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Dont be surprised when you get a call from someone stating they're from HSBC.
I'm not sure this statement by you is relevant Moke. How could engaging in a legitimate online chat with an HSBC robot result in me getting another call from a scamming organization? Surely HSBC's website has the most up-to-date security!

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
if anyone is reading this, I just ran another test with American Express's robot when calling customer service. I said the following to it, when wanting to know when I am getting my new card in the mail:
how is my business card routed through the United State's postal service if it goes through more than one post office?
and the answer I got back was:
I understand you want to know what your monthly balance is on your last statement. I can help you with that....[etc, etc....]
LOL. so if you guys employ this technique to ditch AI if you don't like it, make sure you don't ask something too smart, otherwise the workarounds fail!

Last edited:

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
you guys will get a kick out of this one! I just compiled this message to get ready for the next week:

Attachments

• greetings_back_message.jpg
    greetings_back_message.jpg
    332.8 KB · Views: 304

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
That's alright, Adam. The best way to handle this kind of contact is to remember "Artificial intelligence cannot cope with natural stupidity."

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
"Artificial intelligence cannot cope with natural stupidity."
for some reason I still don't understand that quote of yours. can you explain it to me like you would to your grandchild?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
It seems, Adam, that artificial intelligence cannot cope with you. I don't know what else to tell you.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
It seems, Adam, that artificial intelligence cannot cope with you. I don't know what else to tell you.
what do you mean by that, sir? Are you saying I'm tearing down the system? I like machines, I just don't like them being forced on me when I know my questions can't be answered by them and it wastes my damn time.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
OK, Adam, it is time for me to change tactics. I know you are up to Biblical quotes. I offer you Proverbs 26:4 & 5 for your consideration and enjoyment.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
LOL. I'll get back to you! let me read it! :D

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself. answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own eyes.
I generally don't read proverbs Richard, because so much of that stuff is a little too "intelligently" written, or rather is more philosophical in nature. I'd rather read the words from the king himself, which are much easier to understand in plain English. But I guess what I should ask here is, are you calling me a fool yet again, like you've done so many times in this thread? If you are, lest we not forget, you would be the hypocrite in that case. So I'm sure that's not the case....

but I'll tell ya man, the way those 2 passages read, it's almost in the same convoluted nature as this (which is in your own language, Mr. Engineer):
SQL:
if not boolean = true then
     'whatever
end if
when doing this as a substitute is just fine:
SQL:
if boolean = false
and then let us not forget the classic engineering gates:

=> XOR
=> NOT
=> OR
=> XOR
=> AND
=> NAND
=> NOR

have I forgotten any? ;) Wow, this post of mine reminds me of that small business owner from London I wrote an Access database for years ago. 99% of his requests were way off the wall and impractical!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I like machines, I just don't like them being forced on me when I know my questions can't be answered by them and it wastes my damn time.

And considering the inanity of your posts, ranting about this and that, you AREN'T wasting our time?

You comment on my negativity. I've explained it before. It is a reflection of what I perceive to be YOUR negative attitude. If you don't understand that by now, you never will and I no longer care if you ever do. My position is clear to me and I have been told in a private manner that other folks are surprised at how long I have tolerated you. They see my viewpoint as well and agree: You are a joke, and not a good one. Your behavior may or may not make sense to you, but to me you are a big time-waster. On some forums, you would clearly qualify as a troll. Here, we tend to use that term more sparingly.

You stated, in another forum, that you were trying to get me to see what God wants for me. My response is simple: That which does not exist cannot want anything. At or about age 35 I saw the truth and abandoned any remaining belief in your non-existent God. I won't be going back because once that kind of belief is gone, it is totally gone. Give it up, Adam, just like I have given up on you.

When you get confronted, you divert the topic (such as the logic gates). Who gives a flying fart about logic gates in the context of this thread? I studied them in the 1960s. I may be a Neanderthal in some ways, but we had electronic (even solid-state) computers back then. Since I'm not a computer engineer I am not as fast in some things related to them as I am in other topics.

I know you get the message I am giving out but you have already admitted that you have sometimes tried to spin me up. You succeeded in getting me spun up enough to recognize your near uselessness. No, you are NOT good for comic relief as you commented in yet another thread. You have given bad, ambiguous, or trivial advice to many new people on this forum and in the process have hurt our image. I can forgive you for wasting my time for a while but I have greater trouble forgiving you for wasting the time of the new people who come here to find answers. This is a service-oriented board on which you frequently perform a disservice.

If you are so smart, then perhaps you will find the message buried in this post. But if I have to explain it to you, then perhaps you are not nearly as smart as you claim to be.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
ok Richard. Let us end this one here. no worries. See you around in the "technical" threads. :) and by the way, you sort of hurt my damn feelings with that ridiculous comment of yours:
then perhaps you are not nearly as smart as you claim to be
Colin has said the same thing about me in the past. Which is unfortunate for everyone here that gets help from me and the 2 of you.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:40
here's another great example, or *warning* rather, if you choose to try and get in touch with human beings instead of robots:

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/adam...s-the-human-activity-6626934972982841344-CuXY
I'm missing your point. Wouldn't it just be easier to ask for a representitive.

Try this site, Their suggestions usually work

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Try this site, Their suggestions usually work
that's very wise, Moke. I might just try it. thanks for providing that. that's extremely valuable. :) but I believe the website "get Human" is a 3rd party service that employs people from foreign countries that are not technically AMEX people. just like "JustAnswer.com" and the trolls on the Microsoft forums called "independent advisors". is that correct? even though your image does technically say that they work for AMEX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom