CA Rally connection to MS Access (1 Viewer)

graviz

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:57
Has anyone created a connection to a Rally instance from Access? Right now I do a manual export into a csv file and import it into access but I'd love to figure out how to make a direct connection.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:57
I don't know what a "Rally instance" is. If Rally is a RDBMS, you can link to the tables if it supports ODBC and your DBA will permit the link. If "Rally" is the name of some software product and the database is a standard such as SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, etc. Then I know there is an ODBC driver available. But your DBA STILL must give you the security permissions you need to link directly to the database.

In any case, the RDBMS will need to be hosted on your local LAN. If it is in the cloud somewhere, there is a whole different problem.

graviz

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:57
I don't know what a "Rally instance" is. If Rally is a RDBMS, you can link to the tables if it supports ODBC and your DBA will permit the link. If "Rally" is the name of some software product and the database is a standard such as SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, etc. Then I know there is an ODBC driver available. But your DBA STILL must give you the security permissions you need to link directly to the database.

In any case, the RDBMS will need to be hosted on your local LAN. If it is in the cloud somewhere, there is a whole different problem.
Rally is an agile tool similar to Jira.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:57
From what I have been able to find online about Rally, it appears to be a set of "canned" applications for scheduling and collaboration. There is some kind of a database behind it all but I have yet to see what kind. Typically, the only ways to interact are (a) to do the text-level interaction that you are already doing, (b) to find an ODBC path into it, or (c) to find a .DLL file that exposes Rally's inner workings via Component Object Model methodology to allow VBA interaction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom