Excel or Access (1 Viewer)

Wilkesy93

Local time
Today, 20:33
The attached are screenshots of how your data would look like in Access
On the TournamentYear screenshot you can look at previous years or add a New Year.
The Players Firstname & Surname are in separate Columns due to the Import of Data.
The Combobox for selecting a Player is looking up a List of Current Players
Once all of the Players have been selected for all of the Tournaments then the Controls for Firstname & Surname can be deleted.

Would this suit your requirements?
Yes that would suit my requirements.

I've been working on this the last few days based on all of your advice and I'm now at the point where I've replicated all the functionality of my spreadsheet but in Access and it's a lot better than the spreadsheet ever was, so thank you all for your help

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:33
HI
do you want a copy of the database as it has all of your data imported

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:33
I've been working on this the last few days based on all of your advice and I'm now at the point where I've replicated all the functionality of my spreadsheet but in Access and it's a lot better than the spreadsheet ever was,
That is a sterling recommendation. Glad you were able to do the conversion. Tell your friends. It is very hard to convince Excel people that separating their data layer from the presentation layer actually makes their job easier and they can still use Excel for presentation if they need to.

While it is fresh in your mind, think about making a video of your thought process and a step by step conversion. You can post it here and we can all recommend it:)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:33
Mike did a lot of work for you but I disagree about a couple of things.
1. Players are not connected to CourceStats correctly. The PlayerID should be in the tblCourseStats NOT the player's first and last names.
2. I would have broken the address of the course from it's name. That gives you a way to group courses by locations if you want to.
3. I think a lot of tournaments play every year at the same course but I'm not sure that is always true and I know that tournaments occasionally change courses but don't change their names. Therefore, I would associate the course with the date rather than the tournament name. That would make Courses relate to dates rather than Championships.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom